Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Model Railroading > Who's crashin AmherstRailwaySoc TrainShow this weekend?

Date: 01/22/08 19:06
Who's crashin AmherstRailwaySoc TrainShow this weekend?
Author: prr4828

Anyone on TO headed to the Amherst Railway Society's "Railroad Hobby Show" this weekend? It's being held at the Eastern States Exposition Center (aka "The Big E").

I'll be running my 1950's-era California Zephyr on the Amherst Belt Lines Layout. The train has 12 cars and an A-B-B-B-A set of Rio Grande F9's on the point. If you see it on the main, I'll be near by ... do say hello.

Here's a link to the event website:
http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/

* JB *

Date: 01/22/08 19:24
Re: Who's crashin AmherstRailwaySoc TrainShow this week
Author: TheOssman

I would but I have work. Should be a lot of people near East Deerfield and Palmer as well during that whole weekend. All the railfans have to get some pictures in too! Only a two hour drive for me but work comes first.

Date: 01/22/08 19:37
Author: cnhog

I'm heading down there,leaving London ON Thursday morning.
Going with 3 retired Railroaders,and being the "Kid" I get to drive
the Miss Daisy's!
6 yrs and 6 months til I can sit back!

Date: 01/22/08 20:05
Author: dh1205

I'm heading up on Friday. I will look the California Zephyr.

Alec Herman

Date: 01/23/08 03:43
Author: rfprr1

I, along with seven others, will be there. Leaving NJ Saturday morning and returning Sunday afternoon.

rfprr

Date: 01/23/08 05:24
Author: RailThunder

I'm flying in Friday from Kansas City and leaving Monday. Hope to see some of you there.

Date: 01/23/08 05:48
Author: chessiegp39

I'm leaving NJ in the darkness to arrive in Springfield early to railfan the Boston line a little and then hit the show. Looking forward to it all.

James

Date: 01/23/08 07:07
Author: cslemp

I'll be there. Since I live in Amherst I guess it would kind of be sacrilege to miss it...

Chris
www.milepost15.wordpress.com

Date: 01/24/08 18:09
Author: DHarrison

All Trainorders.com members are asked to stop by and say hello....at the Acela Northeast Corridor Portable Layout. I'm in space 46 in the main building. The Acela finished the 1000 mile highway journey from my home in Chicago this morning via US-30 and Interstates 71, 76, 80, 81, 84, and 91; and its all set up ready for me to apply power to the overhead catenary....NOT!!! Sorry but in DCC the eight wheels are much more reliable than a single pantograph. Powern' from the overhead is the biggest question I get asked at shows. But the Pennsy styled catenary looks good and is still needed to model an electric railroad.

David Harrison

Date: 01/25/08 12:46
Author: ajy6b

Fortunately, it is only about 1.5 hours max drive for me from little Ashland, Ma. Hop on the Pike and I am there. I will look for the Zephyr. I can't wait to see what is in the new fourth building this year.

A.J.

Date: 01/25/08 18:43
Author: cslemp

Hi everyone,

I spent the afternoon helping Christopher Howard from Railflyer Model Prototypes get his booth set up at the show. I attached some photo's here, the wide cab and walkway modules are excellent.

The booth is in the Stroh Building table 101M . Stop by tomorrow or Sunday and take a look.

Chris (Slemp, not Howard)

Date: 01/25/08 22:03
Author: tmurray

Yes, I too will be working at the show.

Stop by the N.E. Prototype Meet table, formerly in the Stroh building, now in the Mallary Complex (the fourth building annexed this year) and say hello.

-Tom

Date: 01/26/08 11:44
Author: mgwsy1978

Been going for the past 10 years and this year I have decided not to go as its the same stuff every year and some might be shocked as I only live about 15 min away. I have noticed that there are less deals and more items reaching MSRP or very close. Every now and then you find a great deal but you have to rush and be the first one in line Sat Morning and beat the crowds. There are some good show deals on Brass items and you can sometimes find that item that is long OOP and you have been searching. With the rise of Dealer table prices the items are priced more but you also see the same dealers year after year with the same items. I use to go and see what new items manufacturers are coming out with and have a few words about future projects but nowadays its quicker to find the information on line and asking about future products you get the the same 2 answers either no or we cant disclose future projects like its some top secret military project or something, LOL. I have decided that every other year is good enough for me. with the 4th building this year I think the show will definitely be in the top 3 for biggest show in the country if not the biggest. I have been to 3 other shows in the past and I guess I am spoiled to the Big E show as all 3 were small and not much stuff there. 1 show was in Fort Worth, TX in Nov 2002 and 2 Greenburg shows in MA.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.074 seconds