Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Model Railroading > Sound decoder Wanted !

Date: 02/16/08 10:38
Sound decoder Wanted !
Author: sphauler

Greetings,

I've been wanting to install sound in a set of ABBA Athearn Genesis F7's (SP) I purchased several years ago. I thought installing just one sound decoder in one of the B units would be acceptable because I don't like the sound too loud. I would like to get the right sounds, 567 series engine and a few different types of horns to choose from. My question, what is the best sound decoder to use? Also I have a Digitrax DH163AO already installed (hard wired) in all the units. Can I still use this decoder or do I have to replace the whole thing, which is not a problem? Thanks for the help.

Date: 02/16/08 10:51
Re: Sound decoder Wanted !
Author: sphauler

I think I might have answered my own question? see link below.

http://www.modelrectifier.com/search/product-view.asp?ID=8245

Date: 02/16/08 16:59
Author: pmack

MRC is my least favorite decoder mostly motor control and lighting and customer service and limited options, volume for example, issues. Have installed LokSounds and Soundtraxx and not had any problems.

Date: 02/16/08 17:18
Author: brassmag

At minimum, go with a soundtraxx DSX sound only decoder (if you still want to keep the digitrax on board). Good value for the sound. I'd go with two (one in each B unit) you can fit a large speaker and baffle in those shells.

Date: 02/16/08 18:25
Author: ESPEE5318

If it was my money I would go with LOK sound.........when it comes to sound (like most things) you get what you pay for............Joe

Date: 02/16/08 22:39
Author: brassmag

If you're willing to part with the digitrax for those with sound, I agree Loksound is great!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds