Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Model Railroading > W&R Enterprises

Date: 04/25/08 13:58
W&R Enterprises
Author: kenfl9

I searched the archives here and looked for a website by W&R Enterprises, but came up empty handed. Did I miss it somewhere? Their brass steam looks great in photos albeit expensive, but does anyone have any comments on their models in general, and how they run? Thanks!

Date: 04/25/08 17:43
Re: W&R Enterprises
Author: RailThunder

I'm not sure, but I believe W&R Enterprises is out of business.

Date: 04/25/08 19:45
Author: PARKCITY

W&R Imports is very much in business! They just don't have a website and they don't do a ton of projects. The projects they do do are absolutely stunning! You have to work with a W&R imports dealer to learn about their products. Railmodel.com is a good source. I have some of their D&RGW gondolas and they are awesome.

Jason

Date: 04/25/08 22:01
Author: schmo

Ken,

Another source is Uncle Dave's Brass.

--Steve

Date: 04/25/08 22:21
Author: RailThunder

I stand corrected and I would love to see reruns of the Amtrak 10-6 sleepers and baggage cars. Does anyone have an address and phone number where they can be reached?

Date: 04/25/08 22:35
Author: tracktime

PARKCITY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> W&R Imports is very much in business! They just
> don't have a website and they don't do a ton of
> projects. The projects they do do are absolutely
> stunning! You have to work with a W&R imports
> dealer to learn about their products.
> Railmodel.com is a good source. I have some of
> their D&RGW gondolas and they are awesome.
>
> Jason

Hi Jason,
are you sure the domain name is "railmodel.com"? Nothing significant comes up with that link.

Best Regards,
Harry

Date: 04/26/08 14:12
Author: rewrite

W&R Enterprises
P.O. Box 3235
Alhambra, CA 91803

They advertise in each issue of The Mainstreeter, the Northern Pacific Railway Historical Association's quarterly magazine.

Date: 04/26/08 15:56
Author: rschonfelder

W&R is one of the only (if not, THE only) importer builder where you can trust their product completely. Bill McKowan and his wife run the business alone and he does not have a website because he does not need a website. He has a huge cult following of customers who are either rich or could have been rich were it not for an infatuation with his quality models. They purchase his product.

A few years ago, he stopped running anything which had an affiliation with the UP. As Bill favours the NP, SP&S and WP, that meant the WP prospects could front up with a UP legal battle so he dropped it. Admittedly, that threat seems to be over but Bill has his projects planned and he doesn't need to change them.

As an aside, Bill once said that the NP Yellowstone might be his last model so if you see one of them announced, then you can start thinking he is going out of business.

Bill favours the research side of things and if he does wind down W&R, there is every chance that he may stay involved with the North Bank Line. They are very good friends.

Almost forgot to answer the question. His locomotives run like a Swiss watch. They are beautiful. This thread has come up before so do a search on TO and you will see a similar question asked

Rick

Date: 04/27/08 08:41

Will not happen. W&R has a no re-run policy. Once they are made that is it and they will not be made again. You will have to watch consignments and ebay if you want a 10-6.

Jason

RailThunder Wrote:
> I stand corrected and I would love to see reruns
> of the Amtrak 10-6 sleepers and baggage cars.
> Does anyone have an address and phone number where
> they can be reached?

Date: 04/27/08 08:42

Works for me. Here is a copy of the link.

http://www.railmodel.com/default.asp

tracktime Wrote:
> PARKCITY Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > W&R Imports is very much in business! They
> just
> > don't have a website and they don't do a ton of
> > projects. The projects they do do are
> absolutely
> > stunning! You have to work with a W&R imports
> > dealer to learn about their products.
> > Railmodel.com is a good source. I have some of
> > their D&RGW gondolas and they are awesome.
> >
> > Jason
>
> Hi Jason,
> are you sure the domain name is "railmodel.com"?
> Nothing significant comes up with that link.
>
> Best Regards,
> Harry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0514 seconds