Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Model Railroading > Reorganized Overland Builder

Date: 11/10/08 09:49
Reorganized Overland Builder
Author: Auburnrail

So how are the current models that are being delivered by the new (reorganized) Overland builder,Ajin?
I know that some of the diesels have been delivered and also one or two steamers.
Anyone have one of these and care to comment on the workmanship, etc.and if possible compare it to one of the last models from the earlier Ajin?
I'm waiting for delivery on one of the UP Evolution diesels and hoping for the best, Considering the price, they should all be excellent!

Regards,
Auburnrail

Date: 11/10/08 11:21
Re: Reorganized Overland Builder
Author: parkcity

The Union Pacific MK 2-8-2's are shipping this week so I should have all mine next week. I will reserve comment until then. From what I have heard, it is basically the same employees doing the building just under a different name so I am assuming the quality will still be just as good. It is also Overland still doing the importing and inspecting so I am also assuming they will continue to hold the models to their high standards. The production pictures I have seen look real good!

Jason

Date: 11/10/08 12:30
Author: cabinman

The OMI Union Pacific MK's are some of the finest steam engines EVER done by any builder. I know that is a tall statement, but we have several and have delivered a bunch to some of the resident experts on these locos.

Everyone so far is VERY pleased!

Keith Turley
The Original Whistle Stop
Pasadena, California

Date: 11/10/08 14:44
Author: Red_over_Yellow

The photos on the Overland site sure look good. The MK's are getting rave reviews......

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0391 seconds