Home Open Account Help 198 users online

Model Railroading > Kato Maxi IV's.....

Date: 11/26/08 19:46
Kato Maxi IV's.....
Author: ghemr

I bought my first Kato Maxi IV and overall I am quite happy! I did have to make a few adjustments to the wheels, as I noticed that ALL the wheels were out of gauge! After regauging I glued the wheels to the axles and then painted the wheel faces Floquil Roof Brown. I also noticed that the wheels on the end trucks were not rolling freely within the sideframes. This was easily fixed with a #61 drill bit used to slightly clean out the sideframes. On the advice of MrMRL I added Kadee #119 couplers with the top shelf removed.

If anyone else has additional tips or advice for these cars, please join in....

Date: 11/26/08 21:49
Re: Kato Maxi IV's.....
Author: DeutzHDL

I bought TWO BNSF ones ones and my cars rolled super nice right out of the package but I am not happy about the color shade of mineral brown mine received from the factory.

Date: 11/27/08 00:35
Re: Kato Maxi IV's.....
Author: MrMRL

Good deal on the Maxi_IVs. Yes, the Kato cars are a little too brown, unfortunately the IM option is too red, so they both got it wrong. But other than that enjoy the cars, you'll find that the Kato well cars are extremely smooth runners with little or no wobble when loaded with double stacked containers.

Mr. MRL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0289 seconds