Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Model Railroading > Great Days at Eastbay series... Part 6C.. **Others**

Date: 02/16/09 20:26
Great Days at Eastbay series... Part 6C.. **Others**
Author: KeyRouteKen

There were several other O-scale members, primarily ones who also modeled Traction prototypes and who operated their equipment on the great O-scale traction layout at EASTBAY :
the huge "Oakland, Antioch & Eastern" layout...

People like Bob Dangel, Elmer Cummings, Bill Hoffman, Frank Rigney, Paul Icanberry, Bob Briggs, Insley J. Brain, John Bishop, Bill Byrd, Chet MacMillan, Tom Buckingham, Fred Krock, Emanuel Mohr, Ken Harrison and myself, Ken Shattock. (KRK)

Here are a few of the models of "Bill Byrd" who lives in Concord, CA :

Date: 02/16/09 20:31
Re: Great Days at Eastbay series... Part 6C.. **Others*

Some more of Bill Byrd's models...

This completes Part 6C of our mini-series... Pretty soon we will look at several models built by the late "Bill Hoffman"..

Bye for now.

KRK

Date: 02/17/09 19:21
Author: shannon

ken,

I remember I.J. Brain and his hardhat. Always wore it at the club.

Shannon

Date: 02/17/09 21:35

shannon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ken,
>
> I remember I.J. Brain and his hardhat. Always wore
> it at the club.
>
> Shannon

Hey Shannon-- You bring up member "I.J. Brain" and his "hardhat" ... Here's a story that I'm sure you and other T.O. members will enjoy :

"SN YahooGroups Member 'Bob Campbell', aka River Bank Red, was correct in saying that the duckunders" at EBMES were killers. YES!! Both on your back and your HEAD! "I.J. Brain" was famous for always wearing a large tin helmet
while in the clubroom so that 2x4's and large screws or 16d nails wouldn't cause him serious damage. One other humorous thing about I.J.Brain (one of the Founders of BAERA/WRM//Rio Vista) while he was repairing the trolley wire with a soldering iron at the Southwest corner of the room near the "Concord Loop":-- I was doing the same repairs at Westgate Junction, some 100-FEET away.. I glanced across
the room towards "I.J." and saw him on top of the layout doing something, with all kinds of "Heat Waves" rising up above him. Now remember, I was using a Weller soldering gun of about 100-140 watts.
I asked "I.J." later what he had.. His answer: a gigantic 550-WATT 'American Beauty' with a tip over an inch in width.. Probably could have cooked breakfast!! Ha, Ha.. Anyway, more OA&E tidbits as I remember them. Cheers!

"Key Route Ken"..

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds