Home Open Account Help 224 users online

Model Railroading > Lakeville Warehousing by Walthers

Date: 02/23/09 20:20
Lakeville Warehousing by Walthers
Author: funnelfan

Recently there was a thread asking about this Walthers Cornerstone kit, but I didn't have time to respond in a timely manner. I kitbashed this kit a while back and posted some photos on here about it.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,1781870,1781870#msg-1781870

The kit is easy enough to build, I went further in kitbashing the kit to make the model fit my needs. The long side of the building is made up of six sections, and the end walls are two sections. The sections can be mixed and match to customize the building, but you can't use a side section for a end section (different sizes). Unfortunately the side sections don't match up well to hide the seams, and there is also a difference in the depth of detail of the foundation walls. I made some downspouts out of styrene to hide these seems. The downspouts are prototypical and improve the look of the model greatly. I also scratchbuilt the exterior lights.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 02/23/09 20:40
Re: Lakeville Warehousing by Walthers
Author: cpcon

Warehouse looks great Ted!! Reminds me of some of the sheds we used to spot here in Toronto back in the 80's. Four or five tracks side by side with a mix of 40' and 50' boxes with single, double and plug doors. Made for an interesting switch trying to line up all the doors on the cars ,alot of them already designated for differant places out west. Some sheds took a few hours to spot and only a few minutes to pull.

cpcon

Date: 02/24/09 03:46
Author: lizzard_45

Ted:
Dod you ever get the tanks built that you wanted?

PHL

Paul Liddiard
Spanish Fork, UT

Date: 02/24/09 10:02
Author: fjc

Like what you did Ted, here's what I did to the back drop version of that kit, two of them smashed together ;-)

Date: 02/24/09 17:56
Author: SVTS

Thanks for the follow up post Ted as I was the one who had questions about it. This will probally be one of the first structures I buy as it and a few others will decide placement of everything else. I pretty much have my plan for what I want to do, just need to fine tune it once the warehouse and station are in place. It is much bigger than I thought, at 12x19", but will still work out well. Hope to have some photos to post sometime in March.

Chris Bogley
Bowie, MD

Date: 02/24/09 19:09
Author: funnelfan

The rest of the paper mill and tanks are still under construction. If you liked the warehouse, you're going to love the rest of the paper mill. I have to get it mostly done for a show in April, so there will be quite a bit of progress during the next month.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0505 seconds