Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Model Railroading > DUPX tank car

Date: 07/21/09 03:23
DUPX tank car
Author: Jimmie

Hello, Everyone. I caught this DuPont tank car (funnel flow?)in Morristown, TN, on May 11, 2008, carrying titanium dioxide.

Can anyone tell me if this type of tank car is available in HO scale? If this type is made, the markings can be applied.

Also, does DuPont license or give permission for its markings to be used by model manufacturers? I've never noticed DUPX markings on models, but I could be looking right at it and not notice it any more.

Thanks for the help.

Jimmie Fisher
Oriental, NC
Flickr

Date: 07/21/09 09:14
Re: DUPX tank car
Author: trails2rails

I am almost 100% sure that Atlas did this scheme on the Kaolin tank cars in both HO and N scale several years ago.

Lots of Dupont models are available - recently for example, Atlas has done covered plastics hoppers in old and new schemes.

A lot of modern chemical carrying cars have no adveristing or logo markings anymore except for reporting marks (DUPX or such), either to keep costs down or reduce the profile of the cars in the event of an accident or terrorist target...

Date: 07/21/09 11:42
Re: DUPX tank car
Author: CR6079

The item ## for the Atlas car is 1709 the only difference is the underside of the tank is painted black.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0591 seconds