Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Model Railroading > Model Railroad Openhouse Schedule for DE,PA, NJ and MD

Date: 10/18/09 16:04
Model Railroad Openhouse Schedule for DE,PA, NJ and MD
Author: brfriedm

Hello Everyone,

I coordinate a November Model Railroad Openhouse Schedule for Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland. Been doing it for 21 years. This year we have a whopping 104 layouts open. So if your in the area, stop by and see some layouts. We have lots of great ones. It is the largest in the country. See our website below.

This year my friend wanted to run some of his fantasy Chessie units at one of my openhouses so I teamed them with my new Athearn Chessie AC4400W. I do not like to see new power the day of an openhouse as it always has issues so I asked him to drop it off so I could tune and test them. Pictures below of the Chessie power on a grain train stopped in Van Bibber siding waiting for a Westbound. My friends units are the Chessie B40-8 and GP60.

Bruce

http://www.modelrailroadopenhouse.com/

Date: 10/18/09 16:33
Re: Model Railroad Openhouse Schedule for DE,PA, NJ and

A few more shots from the layout. Get out and visit some layouts. Be well.

Bruce

Date: 10/18/09 17:55
Author: tracktime

That standard cab DASH8 looks great in Chessie paint.

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 10/18/09 18:25
Author: TheCurator

Nice job on that Pete. A true O/O rig. Yours, Bruce?

Date: 10/18/09 19:06
Author: csx4721

bruce would like to see some of those flared sd-70s u have in action on the layout keep up the good work!

Date: 10/19/09 15:56

TheCurator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice job on that Pete. A true O/O rig. Yours,
> Bruce?

Mine? Yes. These are the Ton Trucks done by Trucks N Stuff. Here is another from that run. I buy these fairly regularly. I'm a semi truck nut somewhat. Drove for North American Van Lines during summers in college years ago. Thanks.

Bruce

PS - These are stock. I have done nothing to them. Do not have the time but I could see myself getting into truck detailing at some point.

Date: 10/20/09 20:55
Author: TheCurator

Thanks for the info on those rigs. I'm a closet truck fan, too.

I don't see most of those companies up here in the Great White North but I might have to get me a couple of those Schneider and Laidlaw rigs.

Sorry for the hijack.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds