Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Model Railroading > Trainworx 86' Auto Parts Boxcars - N Scale

Date: 12/12/09 15:11
Trainworx 86' Auto Parts Boxcars - N Scale
Author: mdeberg

I purchased several of these cars because of the incredible level of detail, even vs the fantastic Bluford Shops cars. A major concern I had was the extremely low couplers/pins, they catch on the ties as you roll the cars. Until today.

I took the time to read the insert as I was considering body mounting the couplers vs the 1019's that came pre-installed. Pat had already provided easy to follow instructions on how to lower the car for those with larger radius curves, as well as body mount the couplers. After following Pat's instructions , I lowered the car by removing the shim, replaced the MT wheels with FVM wheels and the car rides extremely smooth. I trimmed the extension off the 1019 coupler and body mounted the coupler with the screw provided. Once I got the couplers body mounted they were perfect height.

I just want to say thank you to Pat at Trainworx for the effort to make such an incredible car and provide the necessary features for modelers to make adjustments as needed.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0986 seconds