Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Model Railroading > Paragon Series 2 SD40-2 Hi Hoods

Date: 02/26/10 08:53
Paragon Series 2 SD40-2 Hi Hoods
Author: ajy6b

They have arrived after initial call for orders back in Dec 2006 (over 3 years ago). I picked up my NW version yesterday. I have not had time to test it out, but initial pass shows nice detail, see through radiators. There is a Norfolk Southern Version as well which is sub-lettered for Southern. I am not a Southern Modeler, so I do not know how close it is to being accurate.

BTW these are HO scale

AJ

Date: 02/26/10 11:03
Re: Paragon Series 2 SD40-2 Hi Hoods
Author: fbe

On the prototype locomotives you cannot see thru the radiators, dynamic brakes nor fresh air intake screens. So pull the shells and make some weathered black plastic baffles to mount behind the screens.

Date: 02/26/10 20:59
Author: rschonfelder

Just out of curiousity, I wonder if they would do the CP B units that were done in the Two Flags scheme not to mention the ones that ran around in NW black but with CP Rail marking.

So I dug out the old Favourite [that I haven't looked at in a while] and checked myself ... ANSWER: YES for the 2 Flags Scheme. Looks like the Hogger will have to get removed and the windows painted red and glued shut.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/10 21:07 by rschonfelder.

Date: 02/26/10 21:10
Author: rschonfelder

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the prototype locomotives you cannot see thru
> the radiators, dynamic brakes nor fresh air intake
> screens. So pull the shells and make some
> weathered black plastic baffles to mount behind
> the screens.

You could also Cannonise them and really spruce things up.

Rick

Date: 02/27/10 16:56
Author: ajy6b

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the prototype locomotives you cannot see thru
> the radiators, dynamic brakes nor fresh air intake
> screens. So pull the shells and make some
> weathered black plastic baffles to mount behind
> the screens.

Good idea. I was impressed with the detail, but knew something was not right. Most of us have seen tons of SD40-2s over the years. I guess after waiting for three years, I was more excited to see the model period.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds