Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Model Railroading > Looking for older MR issue

Date: 06/09/10 21:42
Looking for older MR issue
Author: Matt_SD40T-2

I am looking for an old Model Railroad issue (10+ years) of a layout review that a gentleman built that he freelanced modeled HO scale from the Los Angeles area SP and SF early 90's era. The layout wasn't big and I remember the radius's being quite tight. He had a nice city and industrial scene. I also remember seeing Santa Fe GP60Ms for motive power he used. Anyway, I'm trying to find it to give me some idea on my track plan. Thanks!
Matt

Date: 06/10/10 08:19
Re: Looking for older MR issue
Author: NscaleMike

I just moved...threw away decades (seventies until about 2006) every issue I had. They should be sitting up at the dump at Apex, Nv

Mike

Henderson, NV

Date: 06/10/10 10:14
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Did the photos show him sitting in a pit in the middle of the RR,
with engineers cap, smoking a pipe?

Date: 06/10/10 10:50
Author: tmurray

Matt,

Check your PM.

-Tom

Date: 06/10/10 13:17
Author: Matt_SD40T-2

ArgyleEagle, that part I don't remember, but I do believe it was an island type layout.
They may be sitting at the dump? That won't help....
Matt

Date: 06/10/10 17:58
Author: modelrailroader

I was looking through my back issues of model railroader and in the 1996 issue there is an article about the Los Angeles Junction Ry that features the Union Pacific THe Santa Fe and the Southern Pacific rail roads.The layout features two yards A yard (Vernon) and C yard (commerce) with industrial city scenes.It has a minimum Radius for main line of 26inches it is a 1994 era layout according to magazine.It is in the March 1996 issue of modelrailroader pages 84 to 89.layout on page 88.If this is not it let us know I will look some more my issues go back 1987 hope this helps

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds