Home Open Account Help 158 users online

Model Railroading > Info on Traincat Model Sales

Date: 06/15/10 10:19
Info on Traincat Model Sales
Author: Krokodil

Has anybody on this board success in getting their products? They do make an interesting assortment of B&O signal bridges (among many other items). They list MB Klein as distributor, but those items are not stocked at MB Kleins, apparently it is difficult to obtain their products, presumably a small or part time operation? Nether the less their stuff really looks good:

http://www.traincat2.com/

Incidentally their direct web purchase does not seem to be in operation yet.

Thanks for any help!

ThomasE

Date: 06/15/10 10:22
Re: Info on Traincat Model Sales
Author: RyanWilkerson

I haven't ordered from him yet but he does post regularly at TrainBoard. It's a one man operation as far as I know...his name is Bob Knight. Here's a thread on an SP woodchip kit:
http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=113251

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 06/15/10 10:25
Author: tracktime

I ordered directly from Traincat's website a couple of years ago, and everything worked out just fine.

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 06/15/10 11:00
Author: TCnR

RyanWilkerson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I haven't ordered from him yet but he does post
> regularly at TrainBoard. It's a one man operation
> as far as I know...his name is Bob Knight. Here's
> a thread on an SP woodchip kit:
> http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php
> ?t=113251

Wow, interesting product line. Those bridges are amazing. The linked discussion is from 2009.

Date: 06/15/10 11:15
Author: ESPEE5318

My Dad spent about a year (maybe more) trying to get his hands on one of train cats products, he got every excuse in the book from Bob, the excuses reached the point of ridiculous, I could fill a whole page with story's and excuses my dad got from Bob. When he finally got the Caboose kit he was after we found that there was a window in the wrong place. Bob is real good at announcing new projects/products not so good at getting them to the consumer.

Date: 06/15/10 14:07
Author: drolsen

Krokodil Wrote:
> They list MB Klein as distributor, but those items
> are not stocked at MB Kleins, apparently it is
> difficult to obtain their products, presumably a
> small or part time operation? Nether the less
> their stuff really looks good:

I asked Klein's about ordering one of the TrainCat bridges. They told me they can place the order, but that I should expect it to take a couple month to get the kit. Apparently there's a long lead time on product delivery, which isn't surprising for a small one-man company.

Dave

Date: 06/15/10 14:34
Author: brfriedm

I have met this dude several times. He is usually at the Timonium Scale train show a couple of times a year. Nice guy. He is not doing this as his full time employment but as a hobby. He always has his kits for sale at the show. He appears to be abit disorganized. You can see that when talking to him. Anyways, his kits look nice and very hard to assemble. They are all etched brass and will require some good soldering skills from what I can tell. He always has some of his kits built up there and they do look good.

Bruce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/10 14:37 by brfriedm.

Date: 06/15/10 15:10
Author: drolsen

brfriedm Wrote:
> I have met this dude several times. He is usually
> at the Timonium Scale train show a couple of times
> a year.

Bruce - Do you recall if he's had any of the double truss bridge kits with him in the past? I just found out that it replicates the Ilchester bridge on the Old Main Line that I plan to model, so I'd like to pick one up at the next show. Hope to see you there too!

Dave

Date: 06/15/10 16:29
Author: brfriedm

Don't remember. He is not at every show. You need to check the show website to see if he is on the vendor list. He also posts on the Atlas forum from time to time too.

Bruce

drolsen Wrote:
> brfriedm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have met this dude several times. He is
> usually
> > at the Timonium Scale train show a couple of
> times
> > a year.
>
> Bruce - Do you recall if he's had any of the
> double truss bridge kits with him in the past? I
> just found out that it replicates the Ilchester
> bridge on the Old Main Line that I plan to model,
> so I'd like to pick one up at the next show. Hope
> to see you there too!
>
> Dave

Date: 06/16/10 04:58
Author: Krokodil

Thanks for all the information, looks like a challenging projects from various aspects, but I will give it a try.

ThomasE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.043 seconds