Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Model Railroading > National Train Show

Date: 07/07/10 19:05
National Train Show
Author: UPJeff

Just trying to get a feel on how many of the Trainorders people will be at the National Train Show. Last year in Hartford, CT I was very disappointed with the turn out about half of the Anaheim, CA show. I do hope this year is better. If you are looking for us we are not listed in the vendors but this year we have partnered with LokSound to sell directly out of their booth. If you are going to the show stop by and say hi.

Jeff Smith
Lakewood, CA
RailMaster Hobbies

Date: 07/07/10 19:16
Re: National Train Show
Author: glendale

I'll be there with my club, the Ohio Valley Sipping & Switching (www.ovsss.org).

Date: 07/07/10 20:19
Author: Clarence

I'll be there with my club, the Northwest Trainmasters.
Clarence

Date: 07/08/10 00:05
Author: cnw4485

I will be their giving two presentations on modeling an entire town in N scale to the last exact detail for a museum.
Look for me and my modeling partner John of Depots by John (www.depotsbyjohn.com)
Sunday 7/11 2-3 pm
Friday 7/16 7-8 pm

Date: 07/08/10 05:50
Author: wictl

I will be there with the Overland Western Lines

Wictl

Date: 07/08/10 07:46
Author: SilvertonRR100

When, where??

Rob

Date: 07/08/10 09:43
Author: retcsxcfm

I will be there on Sunday.Hope to see some of you.

Uncle Joe-just east of Tampa

Date: 07/08/10 10:04
Author: CNW

I'll be attending the train show on Friday afternoon.

CNW

Date: 07/08/10 10:15
Author: wc581

Will be their with North American Free-mo
Section 891 (the 2nd Largest layout their 40 x 110 feet)

Mike Slater

Date: 07/09/10 11:06
Author: CSX1346

leaving for Milwaukee Sun. Member of the Carolina Piedmont Division 13.

Date: 07/09/10 12:58
Author: ghemr

Can someone tell me the difference between this show and Trainfest, which is also held in Milwaukee during mid-November?

Date: 07/09/10 13:45
Author: bnsftcdiv

I go to both, and recommend both. They are both great shows, but they are different animals.

The National is a once in a generation thing in this metro area.Trainfest appears each November. The National Train Show is held in conjunction with the NMRA National Convention. and will be somewhere else(Sacramento) next year. Trainfest is a production of the local NMRA group in the Milwaukee area, as is parts of this years convention. Trainfest has some of the manufacturers that the national will have, but housed with the NMRA National, the NTS has more opportunties to reach "hard core " modelers and so more manufacturers attend than at Trainfest. . There are many of the same vendors that appear at Trainfest, along with some new ones you may not see there. And, more modular layouts, a kids area and a lego layout of monster proportions. I suspect the NTS is a bit larger, but dont have sq footage number available for either. I know we are full at the Midwest Airlines Center (Now frontier?)

Disclaimer: I'm a volunteer with the NTS staff(all volunteer) that helps put the show together each year in a different locale. t's a fun gig, but a lot of work as well. Look for the folks in green shirts.

I attend Trainfest as a modeler, cause its a great show..

Dave Burman
modeling the modern Twin Cities

Date: 07/10/10 19:41
Author: scrimjimmy

I will be there with the METRO Model Railroad Club of Port Washington, WI.

Jim Bartelt

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds