Home Open Account Help 202 users online

Model Railroading > New Veranda Turbine

Date: 07/17/10 15:02
New Veranda Turbine
Author: ATSF429

I purchased the new Tsunami Gas Turbine decoder today and installed it in the new Athearn Veranda Gas Turbine. So far the sound is very good even though I ran into a serious problem. It seems with the Veranda the body sides are narrower (narrow slightly then the screw post) and the decoder will not fit. Even putting it on edge it will not fit(height). It looks like the only recourse is to remove the Athearn circuit board and wire the decoder direct. Even though this is extra work it is perfectly doable. I am assuming the QSI decoder may have the same problem.

Has anyone else tried installing a decoder and what were your solutions?

I am also going to install the Ulrich light kit so really the factory circuit board is really not needed.. If anyone has used either gas turbines the factory installed system lights are dim in DCC mode.

Date: 07/19/10 19:40
Re: New Veranda Turbine
Author: fly5150

I put a QSI rev u in my veranda when i picked it up and it fit perfectly. no clearance problems at all. My first turbine i removed all the factory atheran boards and i will do the same with the veranda. Leds are the only way to go.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds