Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Model Railroading > Athearn Does it again . . .

Date: 09/12/10 13:12
Athearn Does it again . . .
Author: Andre

Just to let anyone know that might be interested in the latest release of the New Mexico Rail Runners that Athearn got the paint wrong! The body color should be a very light gray, almost be white, what they used is almost a Navy gray, the red looks OK but the yellow is orange! I wanted to add to my existing set and ordered the new ones and they don't match the older set which has the right colors. Right now I am deciding weather or not to send them back to Athearn.

Andre

Date: 09/12/10 13:27
Re: Athearn Does it again . . .
Author: NEEBAR

Sounds like how Athearn painted the first run BNSF AUTO MAX cars gray instead of white. Got it right on the second run though.

Date: 09/12/10 14:38
Author: cf7

Pour some taco sauce on them and they should be close!!
WEATHER THEM!!!!
cf7

Date: 09/12/10 14:43
Author: 1802

Send the back! I'm a stickler for paint being the correct shade & weathering does NOT always conceal the WRONG color!!!

Date: 09/12/10 14:52
Author: MRL

Wrong paint colors, shotty gluing, my favorite glue fingerprints on the paint! And the repeated delays just to get some or all the above And these are the reason Athearn is no long top dog in my book. Here's 2 examples UP boxacar had 10-15 fingerprints on one side alone. Also my MRL SD40 #262 so much excess glue by the time I got removing it I had to repaint it. If you want something done right do it yourself. What happen to modeling?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/10 15:03 by MRL.

Date: 09/12/10 16:50
Author: GCRY_4960

If they don't match the first run, I'd send them back.

Date: 09/12/10 17:40
Author: trainnut7

Send them back !

Date: 09/12/10 20:34
Author: upmodeler

If you don't like Athearn stuff then don't buy it. You could always wait for Kato and Atlas to do it some day. They all have there problems Athearn maybe more because the release more than the others. I have purchased alot from Athearn and have not any of the problems list here or before maybe just lucking I guess.

Date: 09/13/10 16:18
Author: Grande-Fan

Don't tell us, tell them.

Date: 09/13/10 18:39
Author: Andre

I did, the only reason that I said anything here was in case someone else was getting a set of them.

Andre

Date: 09/17/10 12:47
Author: trainmin

Grande-Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't tell us, tell them.

...but there's so many people here that know everything...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0397 seconds