Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Model Railroading > Lookin' for an SP C-9

Date: 12/01/10 21:01
Lookin' for an SP C-9
Author: Steamjocky

Does anybody make or does anybody know where I can get a C-9 Consolidation or an M-6 Mogul?

JDE

Date: 12/01/10 22:23
Re: Lookin' for an SP C-9
Author: tinytrains

I assume you are looking for HO. Sunset made some in brass about 20 years ago that were very reasonably priced and ran well. I have one that runs great. If you are lucky you can find one someone painted, if not you will have to paint it.

There may be something newer.

Scott

Scott Schifer
Torrance, CA
TinyTrains Website

Date: 12/01/10 23:25
Author: Steamjocky

Sorry Scott. Yes, I should have said in HO scale. Can you tell about how much I might have to spend if I find one?

TIA

JDE

Date: 12/02/10 08:39
Author: pismopete

The Sunset Models website (last updated Nov 2009) still lists M-6 and M-9 as in stock and ready to ship at $699.95. http://www.3rdrail.com/ho_scale.htm
They list an e-mail address and phone number there. Call them! They also did C-9's.

Peter Arnold

Date: 12/02/10 10:18
Author: vcrdenny

There are older models made by Balboa that you can find on e-bay on a regular basis for a reasonable price. Sometimes they need to be re-motored which is easy. You can also convert them to DCC with a little work.

Date: 12/02/10 15:01
Author: sphauler

Becareful on the new Sunset Moguls. I heard they had a electrical pick up problem. Not good after spending $700 bucks.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0294 seconds