Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Model Railroading > New to DCC question

Date: 12/11/10 10:10
New to DCC question
Author: cadmus

The Athearn SD70ACe is configured for dynamic braking sound using F4 and auxiliary (ditch) lights toggled on-and-off using F5.

A Kato SD38-2 is configured for dynamic braking sound using F5.

When running the two locomotives in a consist, you need two separate function keys to "turn on" dynamic braking and when you do the ACe ditch lights turn off. Is it possible to reset function keys?

Date: 12/11/10 13:13
Re: New to DCC question
Author: ATSF429

yes

Date: 12/11/10 14:06
Author: sphauler

Try "remapping" the function keys. Check with the decoders manufacture to learn how to do it.

Date: 12/11/10 15:12
Author: cadmus

Well ... I reset the CVs to the "new" settings in the earlier message from Horizon ... and now, the ACe engine-starts and idles, air compressor sound, etc ... but nothing else is controllable.

Would appreciate help.

I've tried resetting to factory CVs, CV08=8.

Help most appreciated!

Date: 12/18/10 16:07
Author: tunnelmotor40

Remapping the light functions is the key. Usually, as you state, F4 activiates the dynamics. F2 normally activates the ditch lights, along with the horn. This is usually standard with most sound decoders. The Athearn has the Tsunami, so check their website for further info. As for the Kato, I believe it uses the Digitrax sound decoder, but F2 should still run the ditch lights. F5 is normally reserved for some other function, such as gyralight or a beacon.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds