Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Model Railroading > Woodland Scenics Grand Valley Thoughts ?

Date: 02/08/11 21:41
Woodland Scenics Grand Valley Thoughts ?
Author: miralomarail

I was wondering if anyone on here has ever built a train layout with the materials contained in the " Woodland Scenics " Grand Valley kit ?

If so , were the instructions easy to understand ? The materials easy to use ? TIA Tom

Date: 02/09/11 17:24
Re: Woodland Scenics Grand Valley Thoughts ?
Author: WP282

miralomarail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was wondering if anyone on here has ever built a
> train layout with the materials contained in the "
> Woodland Scenics " Grand Valley kit ?
>
> If so , were the instructions easy to understand ?
> The materials easy to use ? TIA Tom

I am in the process of re-building a Grand Valley kit for a client. Overall, it is a nice, complete package, but there are a few things in the instruction I wish they had done differently. Most important, they instruct you to lay the plaster cloth OVER the sub-roadbed, then lay the roadbed and track. This is a no no, especially with sectional track. It led to all kinds of uneven track issues when my client built it. Trains would constantly derail and he finally gave up in frustration. The partially completed layout sat for 2 years before he was referred to me by the local hobbyshop. I am not impressed with their foam roadbed either. I ended up tearing up most of the foam roadbed and track that was outside the tunnels and replacing it with cork roadbed and flextrack. It runs much better now.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds