Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Model Railroading > Broadway Limited SD 7-9

Date: 04/28/11 16:51
Broadway Limited SD 7-9
Author: delrio

Anyone had the disappointing experience I had with the sound of these units. The sound is way off as they sound more like a turbocharged GP 40. Also, their are obvious errors such as the classification light position. It appears as if they split the difference between the 7 and 9 positions and they have grab irons positioned across the number boards. That is just a first look and I am sure those more knowledgeable will find additional problems. After all the hype about these units it is a major letdown. My two units are going back never to return.

Jerry

Date: 04/28/11 18:34
Re: Broadway Limited SD 7-9
Author: 6ET

Sounds like you got an SD7. The grab iron over the number board is correct, but they made the drop down in it a little to far. They actually look better then a P2K SD9.

Date: 04/29/11 09:20
Author: AgentSmith

While we are on the subject of Broadway...Does anyone know what the CV code is for reset to factory default on a PRR K-4? My K-4 takes a while to move..and then when you want it to stop...it keeps going and never stops....I cant get that problem solved no matter what I do...

Date: 04/29/11 09:29
Author: ATSF3751

delrio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone had the disappointing experience I had with
> the sound of these units. The sound is way off as
> they sound more like a turbocharged GP 40. Also,
> their are obvious errors such as the
> classification light position. It appears as if
> they split the difference between the 7 and 9
> positions and they have grab irons positioned
> across the number boards. That is just a first
> look and I am sure those more knowledgeable will
> find additional problems. After all the hype
> about these units it is a major letdown. My two
> units are going back never to return.
>
> Jerry

I suppose you could replace the sound chip with a Tsunami. Seems that if Athearn is producing a GP7/9 Genises, could the SD series be far behind?

Date: 04/29/11 10:37
Author: rdsexton

AgentSmith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While we are on the subject of Broadway...Does
> anyone know what the CV code is for reset to
> factory default on a PRR K-4? My K-4 takes a while
> to move..and then when you want it to stop...it
> keeps going and never stops....I cant get that
> problem solved no matter what I do...

Can't tell you the CV but it sounds like you have momentum set on it. There are two CVs for that and they are NMRA standard numbers. I have noticed that some decoders do not coordinate the momentum with starting voltage settings. Momentum works by gradually adding a value to the speed but they seem to start from 0 rather than using the start voltage setting. if it is at all high, you will see a oticeable delay before any movement starts if momentum has been set.

Date: 04/29/11 11:24
Author: brfriedm

The standard for reset is CV 8 = 8.

Not sure that is the one but a quick look in your manual will tell you what you need to know.

Bruce

Date: 04/29/11 19:32
Author: lynngrove

I just got my BLI Blueline SD7 Southern Pacific in the Black Widow paint...and the first thing I noticed when I started it up was it sounds just like the BLI Blueline SD40-2 I have.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0524 seconds