Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Model Railroading > Freemo run in Arkansas City Kansas

Date: 05/23/11 13:25
Freemo run in Arkansas City Kansas
Author: grandeguy

Hello,

Here are a few pictures I took at the Freemo setup in Kansas this past weekend that I was privileged to take part in..............a great time was had by all.

Regards Dave Dane

Date: 05/23/11 16:45
Re: Freemo run in Arkansas City Kansas
Author: tomstp

Soma dem trains is overpowered!

Date: 05/23/11 17:00
Author: cf7

Nice!!! But you better get some clearance/height spec's
on the bridge before the feds nail ya!!
cf7

Date: 05/23/11 17:19
Author: aquasquash

There is probably enough room under the first bridge to have a triple decker container car!

The second bridge looks okay. Looks to be about a standard 14 foot height that 13' 6" trucks can clear, in HO scale of course. Now if the second bridge was over an interstate, tollway, or a divided highway, it would need to be at least 14' 10" in some states. In my town we have a 12' 6" bridge over a two lane state route that some idiot trucks driver decide they can go under with their 13' 6" trucks, just about two trucks claimed in a month. :P

Date: 05/23/11 17:40

Here are a couple more...........I ran a caboose hop around when I took these photos and did some "foaming".

Dave Dane

Date: 05/23/11 21:01
Author: mrl250

Dave, you are right it was a great time for all of us. I hope youi made it home safely. It was a honor to ba able to meet you and run my MRL train across your awesome modules.
Glenn Hoover

Date: 05/24/11 05:34

Thanks Glenn...................I rolled into Denver at 1am Monday. Great setup hope we can do it again soon. I got my modules put into storage. Loved seeing MRL units. I plan on bringing Grande stuff next time.

Dave Dane

Date: 05/24/11 09:03
Author: UPWPFan

Dave;

Thanks for the photos of your Freemo set up. Looks like you guys had a great time. Great looking modules too!
I hope you make it to NTS in Sacramento. Northern California Freemo is hosting the set up. We have will have Canada and US modules....plus our signal system will be up and operating. It should be fun!!

Regards

Jere Ingram

Date: 05/24/11 09:18

Thanks Jere I would love to make it out...................I am in the process of relocating back to Colorado from Texas. Hopefully I will get a chance to come out to California at some point for a visit.

Dave Dane

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.049 seconds