Home Open Account Help 168 users online

Model Railroading > Brooks-Scanlon spur Bend Oregon

Date: 06/14/11 06:16
Brooks-Scanlon spur Bend Oregon
Author: mountaingoatgreg

I had some time this weekend and was able to put the spur track in that will serve the Brooks Scanlon mill. I still have not figured out how many 40' boxcars will fit on this track, but I am sure it will take quite a few. This spur is modeled after the mill complex that was located in Bend Oregon. I am still looking for good shots of the buildings as they stood in the 60's or 70's so I have not started on the structures yet.

More photos of my progress on my webpage
http://oregontrunk.blogspot.com/

Date: 06/14/11 15:43
Re: Brooks-Scanlon spur Bend Oregon
Author: rehunn

Where's the bridge over Century Drive???

Date: 06/14/11 15:48

This is the track along Arizona Ave, not sure where Century Drive is?
Feel free to post a picture!!

Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

Date: 06/14/11 17:13
Author: ActionMike

Here is a Bend Chamber of Commerce map from 1960.

I zoomed in on the area in question. I also added a few notes. One about the approximate location of the bridge over Century Drive. Two showing the location of the old Shevlin Hixon Mill that I think was closed before 1960. I'm not sure of the alignment of the tracks on the west side of the river and how they got to the bridge over Century Drive.

The Century Drive bridge has been gone for sometime. It was just north of the circle where Century Drive and Colorado meet. To the west side of Century Drive you can still see the old Brooks Scanlon haul road which is now used as a unofficial jogging and biking trail. The east side is motel.

I also have a painting by Judy Hoiness of the old Shevlin-Hixon Mill looking from the east side of the river across the trestle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/11 17:14 by ActionMike.

Date: 06/14/11 19:38

I am modeling the area above the words "Brooks Scanlon Industrial Area" and ends just before the river.

Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

Date: 06/14/11 20:52
Author: ATSF3751

The map shows a "Bridge over Century Dive" to Black Butte and Sisters. Was there a logging line out that far?

Date: 06/14/11 21:01
Author: ActionMike

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0468 seconds