Home Open Account Help 224 users online

Model Railroading > Helix Humper remotor kits

Date: 08/11/11 20:39
Helix Humper remotor kits
Author: SooLine700

Has anyone used the Helix Humper remotor kits from Alliance Locomotives? They can be found at the following site. http://www.alliancelink.com/alp/

The site said they will reopening later this month or early Sept.

Thanks in advance!

Kent

Date: 08/12/11 03:46
Re: Helix Humper remotor kits
Author: nsyardy

I have used the original humpers for years. Never had a problem or failure. Have never delt with Alliance.

Date: 08/12/11 08:54
Author: UPWPFan

Folks;

I have used an original Helix Humper in a old Front Range GP 9 frame with Athearn trucks. Smooth runner with no problems after the Athearn trucks were broken in. MU's well with Stewart F's. Price is competitive with A Line / NWSL. I liked that they provide motor mounts and connections to your Athearn truck. Good Luck...

Jere Ingram

Date: 08/12/11 10:03
Author: rschonfelder

I am not happy with my noisy Tunnel Motors and wouldn't mind putting in one of these as a test. I am awaiting 2 Kato motors but they are expensive. Mind you, so are the HH.

Rick

Date: 08/12/11 19:17
Author: CR6079

SooLine700 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone used the Helix Humper remotor kits from
> Alliance Locomotives? They can be found at the
> following site. http://www.alliancelink.com/alp/
>
> The site said they will reopening later this month
> or early Sept.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Kent

They are once again open,A fire in a store in the same building earlier this year forced them to run business from a small trailer in the rear parking lot and it was mostly for special order.They have a good product in the helix humper so much so that a fellow club member pulled kato motors out and replaced them with the helix,in his opinion the kato motor runs to slow and the helix runs much better.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0271 seconds