Home Open Account Help 144 users online

Model Railroading > exactrail brass irrigation wheel line

Date: 10/10/11 12:07
exactrail brass irrigation wheel line
Author: JLWII2000

Does anyone have one of these? I purchased one and the sockets are too shallow to install into eachother and there is a piece broken off....not a happy camper!

Date: 10/10/11 12:09
Re: exactrail brass irrigation wheel line
Author: TaylorUPBNSF

Your best bet at the moment is to call them direct and explain your problems, or possibly email them.

Date: 10/10/11 16:05
Author: swsf

JLWII2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone have one of these? I purchased one
> and the sockets are too shallow to install into
> eachother and there is a piece broken off....not a
> happy camper!

According to the website, the couplings are not to be inserted into each other: " Please note: the couplers are intended to locate adjoining pipes. So to be of accurate proportions, these pieces are fragile. Forcing one pipe into the coupler ring may damage the model. For assembly, please use a small drop of CA glue, and then touch the pipe end to the coupler. "

Is this the part that is too shallow?

Date: 10/10/11 18:19
Author: choochooboy

As we developed the project, we were interested in creating a model that authentically matched the proportions of prototype wheelmoves. As mentioned in the previous email, the collets are only intended to locate the sections of adjoining pipe. The connection itself is to be made with a small drop of CA glue. In this way, the proportions of the collet best approach that of the prototype.

I have always wanted a model of a wheelmove. They seem to be everywhere, and I always have an odd space which begged for a detail feature such as this. However, the corrugated rims and traction blades, the thin spokes and hubs, and the sprinkler heads made this complex scratch build. For what it is worth, I'm really happy to be able to offer this model.

JLWII2000, please give ExactRail a call at 866-945-1701. This is a toll free number; I will let our office staff know that you will be calling.

Best regards,

Blaine Hadfield

Vice President, Product
ExactRail, LLC

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds