Home Open Account Help 182 users online

Model Railroading > P2K parts

Date: 11/30/11 12:46
P2K parts
Author: MrOGDEN

Does Walthers supply parts like shells, frames, tucks etc. to us modelers? Thanks,
MrOGDEN

Date: 11/30/11 18:34
Re: P2K parts
Author: shannon

NO. They sold all of the old equipment after they got their hands on Proto.

Date: 11/30/11 18:49
Author: tracktime

MrOGDEN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does Walthers supply parts like shells, frames,
> tucks etc. to us modelers? Thanks,
> MrOGDEN

Don't we all wish. The Proto 2000 parts department was excellent when under Life-Like ownership. No more.

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 11/30/11 22:11
Author: lynngrove

Like with most out of production model railroad items, find a inexpensive one on ebay and use it for parts.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/30/11 22:31
Author: RailThunder

This is one area that I think Walthers is severely lacking. I would love to be able to order some E8 trucks with the new gear ratios to make the units run with the new runs and other models. Walthers doesn't stock them, yet we can buy passenger car trucks. I was able to re-equip my fleet of Seaboard Air Line, Seaboard Coast Line, and Amtrak 52 Seat Coaches with their aftermarket trucks(they are very close to the ones SAL had, but not quite exact) and they made a huge difference! They do have great customer service and I have been taken care of with defective products, just the upgrading of older models to modern standards is more difficult. The way to go seems to be buying stuff for parts.

Date: 12/02/11 16:36
Author: aeyb701

Yes, I recall in the early 2000s I needed missing grabs, railings, etc. for a loco so I called LL in the US and they had it here in less than a week, free of charge. This from a Canadian no less.
Now though I wish I could get end railings for a CP P1K (Canadian Hobbycraft at the time) RS10. No luck. When Walthers bought Proto from Life-Like Canadian Hobbycraft had to rid their entire inventory, to where I don't know.
Jon Archibald

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0909 seconds