Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Model Railroading > NEW BLMA N Scale Freight Car Announced!

Date: 03/14/12 22:18
NEW BLMA N Scale Freight Car Announced!
Author: CraigM111

Hi Everyone:

We're pleased to announce our SIXTH N Scale freight car - the GA 3500CF Dry-Flo Hopper!

The 3500 Cubic Foot Dry-Flo Covered Hopper was a commodity hauling backbone for over 40 years. In 1959, General American started producing Dry-Flo covered hoppers in response to customer demands for larger hoppers capable of handling bulk commodities. Covered hopper innovations during the 1950s proved valuable to shippers; they wanted covered hoppers that could handle larger quantities of specialized commodities such as oats and malt.

Coming this winter in six unique paint schemes: Burlington Northern, Chicago Great Western, Pennsylvania RR, Union Pacific, GACX Diamond Sugar and GACX Shell Plastics.

See more on our website: http://www.blmamodels.com

Thanks for the support!

Craig Martyn
BLMA Models
www.BLMAModels.com

Date: 03/15/12 01:45
Re: NEW BLMA N Scale Freight Car Announced!
Author: rschonfelder

WHHHHAAAAATTTTT??????

... where is the HO version? Surely you are going to do this car in HO!!!!!

Rick

Date: 03/15/12 06:50
Author: chrisbutts

N scale?!?! Blasphemy! HO! HO! HO!

Date: 03/15/12 07:22
Author: electromac

Since we are talking about HO......how about tropicana 64foot ref.

Date: 03/15/12 16:36
Author: rschonfelder

It occurred to me after my initial grumbling complaint, that if past holds true, maybe (just maybe) we will see this car announced very shortly by Tangent. Usually the BLMA N scale version of Tangent's cars are announced second but it might just be different this time.

This is pure speculation and rumour starting from me, here in Australia. I assure you, if I had inside information, I wouldn't be putting this up but I do recall the 4427 and 4000 cu. ft. wheaties coming out fairly closely (ie. a year or so apart) between these two companies.

Rick

Date: 03/15/12 16:53
Author: ddavies

Need N-scale Tropicana reefer, not the Horribly Oversized one ... ;-)

Date: 03/15/12 19:02
Author: tq-07fan

chrisbutts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> N scale?!?! Blasphemy! HO! HO! HO!

OH NO!!! Something being offered in a scale other HO...

I never realized how much HO dominates everything in this hobby until I started to make the transformation to the dark, I mean, small side.

The only thing I can say to BLMA is make some Canadian versions of your searchlight signals in N scale.

Thank You

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds