Home Open Account Help 402 users online

Model Railroading > Intermountain Update (CSX ES44DC)

Date: 04/01/12 09:47
Intermountain Update (CSX ES44DC)
Author: wheel_slip

I have had a couple people ask me if I contacted Intermountain about the issues described in this thread: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,2723928 I sent Intermountain an e-mail with the exact same message as I posted here. I didn't expect there would be a whole lot they could do for me except find me a brake cylinder for the rear truck, but I think they should be aware that issues like this are happening. Exchanging the locomotive isn't really an option because aside from the quality control issues I am really happy with this locomotive and the final look of it when I thought I had finished it. All in all it will be a pretty easy fix, if I can blend the weathering in after I make the numbering issue.

So, Friday a person named Richard from Intermountain contacted me and apologized for the issues. He mentioned he would have liked to be able to switch out the locomotive but there are none left. That's not surprising because these are really nice models... He also mentioned he could probably find me a brake cylinder and they would get it out to me. Apparently someone saw the other mis-match and that locomotive had been pulled and its fate was it was used for something else...

My point to the post is to point out the positive response from Intermountain. I believe that a company should be acknowledged for positive actions when it comes to customer service. It's difficult from their side to catch these little things... Heck, it took me a month of admiring my project before I caught the numbering issue and then it took a fellow Trainorders member to point out the brake cylinder issue. Imagine them having to look at a few hundred of these things (I wonder how many of each of these things they did?).

Anyway, Good job Intermountain... I'll be waiting on my package :)

Andy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/12 12:20 by wheel_slip.

Date: 04/01/12 11:37
Re: Intermountain Update (CSX ES44AC)
Author: glendale

Thanks for the update Andy. I always appreciate good customer service.

I know it's been said a few times now, but that weathering is spot on! Great job!

Date: 04/01/12 11:47
Author: FrontRangeTrains

That's an ES44DC by the way. But other than that, I love the detail on these units. Makes me want to get back into model railroading again :)

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Date: 04/01/12 12:21
Author: wheel_slip

FrontRangeTrains Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's an ES44DC by the way. But other than that,
> I love the detail on these units. Makes me want to
> get back into model railroading again :)

My bad... Dont know what I was typing...

Date: 04/01/12 17:31
Author: cf7

The least they could do is have you return it so
they could give it a nice clean paint job with
correct numbers on both ends......! ;?)
cf7

Date: 04/02/12 16:26
Author: acltrainman

I would like to add some KUDO's to Intermountain also. Lat year I received my KCS ES44 and the front handrailing was broken. I contacted Intermountain and told them of the problem. They said that there wasn't any spare parts at the time. Just last month a box arrived from Intermountain and I couldn't imagine what it was. Low and behold it was a replacement front railing set for my KCS unit. I sdmit it took some time and I had forgotten about it. I wish to thank Intermountain for their customer service.
Stan

Date: 04/03/12 03:26
Author: tunnelmotor

Praise given where it is due - great service from a manufacturer. I can also see how you are pleased with the model - had it not been for the background of internal brickwork, I almost thought that was a shot of the prototype - great model and great photography.

Mike Arnold

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds