Home Open Account Help 190 users online

Model Railroading > Passing 628's - video on the office test layout.

Date: 07/07/12 20:27
Passing 628's - video on the office test layout.
Author: navarch1

I had obtained an inexpensive micro video camera that also records sound, so I set it trackside as some new Centuries passed by on my office layout.

This layout is just a testbed for things like tracklaying, wiring, scenery techniques, etc. ahead of starting the new 2012 PC layout at home. Looks like I might actually be able to start it this fall.....

Anyway, I'm not sure what the flashing blue light is early in the video....and the frame rate is a bit stuttered, but the sound is good. Yes, a bunch of unweathered cars pulled by three unweathered D&H and LV C628s....but posted just for fun. (I run at realistic speeds so be patient...takes a minute for the train to get there..)

Bob

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/08/12 07:43
Re: Passing 628's - video on the office test layout.
Author: Frisco1522

If it's like the little camera I bought, it has 4 LED looking things on the face and these ar IR bulbs for low light. I finally figured that out and put some black Gorilla tape over them. My camera is best described as a one inch cube. It's amazing to see stuff from this level.
I built a little "camera car" out of a piece of 1/4" masonite with trucks and couplers and a bracket to screw the camera on by the tripod screw (which is on the top of the camera) I also built a hood about two inches long to cut down a little on the field of view. It's really neat to watch and listen to an on board video. It's caused me to go back to working on scenery.

Date: 07/08/12 08:30
Author: FiveChime

Really liked the variety of accurate cars in the train.

The Alcos sounded great but they need to improve the horn sound and volume.

Thanks for posting.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 07/08/12 10:32
Author: navarch1

Yes, that is the camera exactly. Takes a micro SD card. I'm going to try to cover those same 4 lights as you did and see if it makes a difference here as well.

Here is the same train in a better location and in better light.

Bob

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds