Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Model Railroading > NS Heritage units HO Scale

Date: 07/08/12 15:04
NS Heritage units HO Scale
Author: TamaquaTim

Has anyone heard which model RR company will be the first to produce the heritage Units in HO Scale?
Thanks, TT

Date: 07/08/12 15:19
Re: NS Heritage units HO Scale
Author: TaylorUPBNSF

Overland models.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/08/12 15:21
Author: garr

The first will more than likely be Overland. From the broadcast emails I received from Overland Models, it appeared that Brian was at each locomotive's unveiling.

As far as plastic, my best guess would be Athearn for the EMD and Intermountain for the GE models.

Jay

Date: 07/08/12 16:22
Author: wc581

mth in ho for emd's also

Mike Slater

Date: 07/08/12 16:37
Author: navarch1

FROM MTH:

M.T.H. Electric Trains To Offer Norfolk Southern Heritage Series Locomotives

March 13, 2012 - M.T.H. Electric Trains will be promoting three series of locomotives based on the recently announced Norfolk Southern Heritage Series of real-life SD70ACe and ES44 diesel locomotives. The locomotive series will be featured in M.T.H.'s Premier Line O Scale SD70ACe and ES44 locomotives and RailKing Imperial O Gauge SD70ACe locomotives beginning in the 2012 Volume 2 catalog slated for release in April 2012. In addition to the Premier and RailKing releases, M.T.H. HO Scale SD70ACe locomotives featuring the same Norfolk Southern Heritage paint schemes will be promoted in the 2012 HO Volume 1 Catalog slated for release in late Spring 2012.

Norfolk Southern is releasing a total of 18 different SD70ACe (10 paint schemes) and ES44 (8 paint schemes) diesels in special livery depicting past railroads found in Norfolk Southern's history. Unlike a similar program created by Union Pacific, each of the Norfolk Southern Heritage paint schemes used on the SD70ACe and ES44 locomotives will be based on a real-life scheme of the depicted railroad.

Because of the sheer number of locomotives, the Premier and RailKing releases will be spread out over several catalogs. The 18 RailKing releases will all be SD70ACe models. Only the 10 SD70ACe schemes will be recreated in the M.T.H. HO SD70ACe model. Delivery of the Premier, RailKing and HO models will begin in late 2012.

M.T.H. Authorized Retailers can begin ordering Norfolk Southern Heritage diesels when the 2012 Volume 2 catalog is released in mid-April. Ordering information for the HO models will likely be announced

Date: 07/08/12 19:23
Author: Lighter

navarch1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FROM MTH:

> Norfolk Southern is releasing a total of 18
> different SD70ACe (10 paint schemes) and ES44 (8
> paint schemes)

How come they aren't doing all twenty schemes?

Date: 07/08/12 19:35
Author: BOBERT04

I spoke with Mike Wolf this past Monday at Sailsbury, NC and He gave me a copy of their latest flyer that list all 20 locomotive in O scale and all of the SD70 ACe's (10) in both HO and O scale.
I also asked about the GEVO in HO and he said there are plans to produce the GEVO in HO.

Date: 07/08/12 19:46
Author: needles_sub

BOBERT04 Wrote:
> I spoke with Mike Wolf this past Monday at
> Sailsbury, NC and He gave me a copy of their
> latest flyer that list all 20 locomotive in O
> scale and all of the SD70 ACe's (10) in both HO
> and O scale.
> I also asked about the GEVO in HO and he said
> there are plans to produce the GEVO in HO.

If MTH does the GEVO, I hope he does a late production version, not the early production units that T55 and Intermoutain did. Maybe Athearn will tool up a late production unit. There are enough detail differences to warrant this.

Date: 07/08/12 20:11
Author: toledopatch

Lighter Wrote:
> navarch1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > FROM MTH:
>
> > Norfolk Southern is releasing a total of 18
> > different SD70ACe (10 paint schemes) and ES44
> (8
> > paint schemes)
>
>
> How come they aren't doing all twenty schemes?

Their promotional material was created before NS announced the 19th (PC) and 20th (MGA).

Date: 07/13/12 19:42
Author: TamaquaTim

Thanks for the update. I will look at your web site in the Fall to see when the Reading unit will be available in HO.
TT

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.054 seconds