Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Model Railroading > New MRR mag

Date: 08/19/12 15:20
New MRR mag
Author: calsubd

Had a shock when
I saw it on the shelf in Walmart, another when I saw the price had come down, now I'll be looking for it again !, Ed

Date: 08/19/12 16:12
Re: New MRR mag
Author: icancmp193

Ed - Perhaps you could provide a little more information, such as the title of this new "MRR" mag.

Tom Y

Date: 08/19/12 16:38
Author: sphauler

Walmart has carried MRR magazine for a while now, at least in my area ( so Cal). They also had 20% off the price on all magazines but I am not sure if they still do it.

Date: 08/19/12 16:50
Author: AustralianTerrier

Wally World has carried MR for at least the last three years in Wisconsin.

Date: 08/19/12 17:42

Sorry Tom Y, I meant Model Railroader, I haven't seen it on the Walmart shelf here in Jax in years, and it was priced on the cover for $5.95,,Ed

Date: 08/19/12 19:44
Author: livesteamer

The Wally World (Warrensburg, MO) near me carries RMC also

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 08/19/12 20:02
Author: Jimmies

I'd been noticing that the magazine seems to be getting smaller. August issue I think is 86 pages, and I'm pretty sure it used to be over a hundred. Maybe they're charging less because there is less in it. Or maybe it's just my imagination.

Jim

Date: 08/19/12 21:03
Author: thehighwayman

Jimmies Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd been noticing that the magazine seems to be
> getting smaller. August issue I think is 86 pages,
> and I'm pretty sure it used to be over a hundred.
> Maybe they're charging less because there is less
> in it. Or maybe it's just my imagination.
>
> Jim

Due to some serious financial issues (paying lawyer for my divorce) I had to let my MR subscription lapse for just over a year. When it resumed, I noticed a big difference in the size. As I was going through, I noticed there were no more multi-page ads from big hobby retailers.
Magazines depend on the money advertisers spend. Fewer ads means fewer dollars to spend on preparing articles etc. Unfortunately, even our favourite magazines (and newspapers) are taking a big hit from the economic woes facing North America and other parts of the world.

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 08/20/12 05:19

I noticed it was smaller also, but for the size of it I was satisfied with it,and will look for it next month, when they were riding high I feel I was paying for cost of production and not the content, I like the smaller issue myself, Ed

Date: 08/20/12 14:39
Author: grahamline

MRHmag.com was 164 pages this month with NMRA convention news (usually just over 100) and only costs you an Internet connection.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds