Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Model Railroading > NCE Command Station Reset

Date: 11/13/12 21:55
NCE Command Station Reset
Author: kdrtrains

Greetings All

I would like to thank Barry Draper and Rick Bacon for their suggestions regarding our problems with the failures of our NCE 04P cabs at the Thunderbird Model Railroad Club's layout in Phoenix. Both suggestions were helpful and led to our fix.

Here is what we found.

Both of the systems back up batteries had died. On the main layout system, with the battery dead, every time we shut down the layout, every one of our cabs, both Pro Cabs and 04Ps became unaddressed. Most of the 04Ps would not allow you to address a locomotive even after you did a readdress of the cab. Basically we did a system reset with new batteries and all is back working fine.
Myself and most of our members had simply forgotten about the batteries and they both had an installation date of 08.
NCE recommends new batteries every 5 years.

Thanks guys

Ken Rhoads

Date: 11/14/12 10:30
Re: NCE Command Station Reset
Author: WP282

kdrtrains Wrote:

>
> Both of the systems back up batteries had died. On
> the main layout system, with the battery dead,
> every time we shut down the layout, every one of
> our cabs, both Pro Cabs and 04Ps became
> unaddressed. Most of the 04Ps would not allow you
> to address a locomotive even after you did a
> readdress of the cab. Basically we did a system
> reset with new batteries and all is back working
> fine.
> Myself and most of our members had simply
> forgotten about the batteries and they both had an
> installation date of 08.

> NCE recommends new batteries every 5 years.
>
> Thanks guys
>
> Ken Rhoads

I had a similar problem. In addition, check the solder joints on the battery holder in the command station. One lead on my Powerhouse Pro 5 had cracked, causing intermittent memory failures. I couldn't figure it out until the battery actually died. When I opened up the command station to replace it, I saw the broken lead. A quick touch with a solder iron fixed it.

Mike

Date: 11/14/12 14:07
Re: NCE Command Station Reset
Author: kdrtrains

We found the same thing in ours.

KR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds