Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Model Railroading > MTH Daylight Cars

Date: 11/17/12 08:24
MTH Daylight Cars
Author: spjim

Looks like the MSRP for the next run of MTH Daylight cars will be $95.95 for a single chair car and $189.95 for an articulated set.

JL

Date: 11/17/12 11:51
Re: MTH Daylight Cars
Author: JLWII2000

Is it just me or is that too much to pay for a passenger car? Even with lighting the pricing seems to be getting out of hand.

Date: 11/17/12 12:29
Author: PHall

JLWII2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it just me or is that too much to pay for a
> passenger car? Even with lighting the pricing
> seems to be getting out of hand.

As many have said on this site before, no one is forcing you to buy them....

Date: 11/17/12 13:18
Author: WAF

Price is getting near brass prices

Date: 11/17/12 13:25
Author: ATSF3751

WAF Wrote:
> Price is getting near brass prices

Anything brass for sale approaching these prices will be unpainted and not near as well done. Soho comes to mind first, and the level of detail is sadly lacking. Now, if you want brass that is equivellent to MTH or BLI, then be prepared to pay in the $400+ range.

Date: 11/17/12 13:33

Yes that's painfully obvious. We will see how well they sell...

PHall Wrote:
> JLWII2000 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is it just me or is that too much to pay for a
> > passenger car? Even with lighting the pricing
> > seems to be getting out of hand.
>
>
> As many have said on this site before, no one is
> forcing you to buy them....

Date: 11/17/12 17:11
Author: Espeenut

JLWII2000 Wrote:
> Yes that's painfully obvious. We will see how
> well they sell...

...the first batch all disappeared rather quickly, and they certainly weren't giving them away. I know because I have a full set plus an additional articulated chair car. These cars are very well done, run flawlessly, and also look the part, if you're interested in what brass costs that matches the quality of this set, you need to check out 'The Coach Yard', the price for an entire consist runs well over 6 grand, their price for just the artic diner/kitchen/lounge is $1750, I didn't pay a grand for my entire consist. I think they'll sell just fine, but that's my thoughts, I'm just very happy to finally have a set of really decent Daylight cars, the fact they run well is just the icing on an already delicious cake...;)

cheers,

Lorne Miller

Date: 11/17/12 23:32
Author: choochoocharlie

Very happy with my first 8 car set as well, plus an articulated chair car. MTH did a great job on the SP Daylight cars. And they do run great too. Yes they were not cheap, but they look great and run well too, so I am very happy.

C.C.Chas.

Date: 11/18/12 05:18

Don't get me wrong, I like them but the first run that was skirted all of two years ago seemed much cheaper. I could have got all 17 cars for $950 from MB Klein if it was my era.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds