Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Model Railroading > NEW BLMA Announcement - Smooth Tub NS TopGons!

Date: 11/21/12 15:58
NEW BLMA Announcement - Smooth Tub NS TopGons!
Author: CraigM111

Hi Everyone,

We're pleased to announce a new variation of our HO & N Scale Norfolk Southern TopGon Coal Cars. Coming in 24 unique numbers, this new variation features a 'smooth tub' design and will add instant variation to your coal car fleet. Order now for delivery in quarter 4, 2013.

Visit our website for additional information: http://www.blmamodels.com/blog

Thanks for looking and Happy Thanksgiving!

Craig Martyn
BLMA Models
www.blmamodels.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/12 09:06 by CraigM111.

Date: 11/21/12 20:17
Re: NEW BLMA Announcement - Smooth Tub NS TopGons!
Author: dcmkris

Craig,

Nice addition and I will definitely be planning on adding some.

One note for everyone, the delivery date is actually 4th quarter 2013 not 2012 according to Craig's site.

Kris

Date: 11/23/12 11:12
Author: drolsen

I really like this line of TopGon models and wish I could justify having more than the six that I bought from the initial run. Unlike a lot of other freight cars, I just can't find any good examples of them running on CSX trackage. The closest thing I've found is the small NS yard on the south side of Alexandria, VA where the CSX and NS tracks run parallel for a while, and NS has trackage rights to reach the (now closed) Alexandria power plant, but I'm not modeling that area. Do you know of any other examples, Craig? I'd love an excuse to have a train of TopGons, but I've been holding out for when BLMA (hopefully) produces '90s era Eastern Bethgons (I'll take 200)!

Maybe I'll talk myself into a couple of these, since they're more visually different from the previous runs...

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/12 11:15 by drolsen.

Date: 11/23/12 15:22
Author: toledopatch

I imagine Top Gons probably have run on the NS trackage rights over CSX in southwestern Virginia, but I'm not familiar enough with operations there to know that for sure (the trains using that route could just use utility-company coal cars).

Date: 11/26/12 12:39
Author: NSTopHat

drolsen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...but
> I've been holding out for when BLMA (hopefully)
> produces '90s era Eastern Bethgons (I'll take
> 200)!
>
> Maybe I'll talk myself into a couple of these,
> since they're more visually different from the
> previous runs...
>
> Dave

Oh, yes, Conrail G52L's & R's. Those would be a wonderful thing to have....

Russ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds