Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Model Railroading > TrainCat Signal Bridges

Date: 11/26/12 12:53
TrainCat Signal Bridges
Author: kecarden

I know there was a topic on this company not to long ago has anyone heard any follow-up if this company is still in business, went to there website and the on-line store is now un-available, I know he been very late with shipping out items to customer, and I understand the full-time job that he has being away from home at times. But he should let his customer's base know some kind of information on shipping up-date's. I would like to buy more of the Pennsy Bridge's myself, I already have 4 that was ship to me sometime early this year, and the last order had to have pay-pal cancel the order since I haven't heard a dime from him.

Again he the only game in town that make some nice pennsy bridges.

So if anyone have any latest information on this company please let's us know

Thanks

Date: 11/26/12 16:03
Re: TrainCat Signal Bridges
Author: Stottman

http://www.traincat2.com/

works for me.

Having said that, I learned a long time ago never to order any Model RR stuff direct.

Date: 11/26/12 16:07
Author: tracktime

Stottman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.traincat2.com/
>
> works for me.
>

Now try clicking on the "ordering is now easy" link.

Cheers,
Harry

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/12 00:29 by tracktime.

Date: 11/26/12 16:51
Author: swsf

tracktime Wrote:
> Stottman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > http://www.traincat2.com/
> >
> > works for me.
> >
>
> Try clicking on the "ordering is now easy" link.
>
> Cheers,
> Harry

Doesn't work for me either. I get this error message:

"Store Unavailable
This store is currently unavailable due to maintenance. It should be available again shortly.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused."

Date: 11/26/12 17:00
Author: Out_Of_Service

swsf Wrote:
> tracktime Wrote:
> -----
> > Stottman Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > http://www.traincat2.com/
> > >
> > > works for me.
> > >
> >
> > Try clicking on the "ordering is now easy"
> link.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Harry
>
> Doesn't work for me either. I get this error
> message:
>
> "Store Unavailable
> This store is currently unavailable due to
> maintenance. It should be available again
> shortly.
> We apologize for any inconvenience caused."

works for me

Date: 11/26/12 17:51
Author: ESPEE5318

The latest "story" I heard (on train board I think) was that there was a catastrophic event in the family and he did not know what he is going to do etc . Now if that is true that sucks but I have heard so many train cat "storys" over the years that I don't know what to believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/12 18:02 by ESPEE5318.

Date: 11/27/12 05:30
Author: Arved

ESPEE5318 Wrote:
> The latest "story" I heard (on train board I
> think) was that there was a catastrophic event in
> the family and he did not know what he is going to
> do etc . Now if that is true that sucks but I have
> heard so many train cat "storys" over the years
> that I don't know what to believe.

Why note e-mail and get the story directly?

sales@traincat2.com

Date: 11/27/12 07:23
Author: brfriedm

I am going to chime in also on Traincat. The way he runs his business is a train wreck. He never answers email. I have numerous emails into him over the years and he has never answered one. Not one. I met him a few years back at a Timonium Train show. Nice guy.

Here is his problem. He has announced numerous projects on his website. A ton. He rarely delivers on any of them. The one that interests me is the HO Wilson auto ramp. It has been "coming soon" for 5 years.

Whatever. Nice guy, talented dude, train wreck as a business person.

Bruce

Date: 11/27/12 11:11
Author: drolsen

Bruce - I've heard the same thing from several people (actually, probably from you before too). I'd really like to buy a couple of his four-track B&O signal bridges, but I'm thinking I should try to get them in person from him at Timonium to avoid the issues that you and others describe. Great stuff, but I don't want to deal with those kinds of things right now.

Dave

Date: 11/27/12 18:35
Author: tomd

I have an order in for a bunch of ladders and walkways since July - no response to any email that I have sent since receiving the order confirmation email. I had an exchange with him a couple of days before I orders, and said that all was in stock.

If you want something in the short term (next year or so), I would look somewhere else.

Tom Daspit
Morgan Hill, CA
Tom's Trains

Date: 12/06/12 04:57
Author: ATSFSD26

Sadly, I have to agree with the other posters here.
I have been trying to establish a dealership with him for about two years now.
Why bother? Well, he lists products our customers want.

About a year ago, I sent him a summary of the posts on here and that generated a very strong response that he was doing his best, and although slow due to his work commitments taking him all over the world, nonetheless assured me he was committed to his business.
He asked me to pass that on to the list and I did so. Please accept my apologies if that misled any of you to think this guy was going to look after you. As I see it now he misled me.

He told me he was wary of dealing with foreigners because of the "cost of exporting", plus he'd had problems with foreign credit cards - so THAT was why he hadn't offered a dealership. I assume the "cost of exporting" is completing the customs forms and taking the order to a post office - not REALLY a big deal, but nonetheless, we took his objections seriously and did the following.

We appointed a US based freight forwarder (which means he posts to us at a US street address so no customs paperwork for him - we do that when they ship to us)and we also advised him that we were happy to use our Pay Pal account, which he promotes on his website. So having DIRECTLY addressed his stated issues, you'd think that would have cleared the way to get things moving, wouldn't you?

That was about 10 months ago and despite monthly emails we have had NO response.

I have NO problem if he can't handle both his day job and his second business. That can happen. But to keep screwing people around (not my opinion, just read the numerous threads on here about him) borders on dishonesty. Not because he is stealing from anyone, but because he keeps promising and doesn't deliver. Saying one thing and doing another is the same as telling a lie, if you do it repeatedly.

The sad part is that we want to spend quite a bit of money with him, and have gone out of our way to remove all his impediments.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1152 seconds