Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Model Railroading > Spring Mills B&O Caboose-Superb

Date: 11/29/12 13:31
Spring Mills B&O Caboose-Superb
Author: Krokodil

Received Spring Mills B&O caboose today, they came out great, comparable if not better at a fraction of the price. In good B&O practice, a set of these brand new cabeese were attached to a mail train to be delivered to the main centers of the railroad, usually delivered from the Keyser WV shops to Cumberland MD to be put into service. For logistical reason, on my layout the transfer was from Grafton to Keyser.

The first three pictures show the caboose and for comparison a brass Ajin caboose (imported by Overland). The following pictures show the transfer of the cabeese to the mail train and then following the train from Grafton to Keyser, hope you enjoy!

Thomas Eckhardt

http://tewe.borail.net

Picture 1: Spring Mill caboose
Picture 2: Ajin caboose
Picture 3: Spring Mills caboose end view

Date: 11/29/12 13:35
Re: Spring Mills B&O Caboose-Superb

Pictures 4-6 Switcher takes the cut of cabeese from the shops to attach to the mail train

Date: 11/29/12 13:38

Picture 7: passing Q Tower
Picture 8: Higher up its fall already
Picture 9: Numerous tunnels and curves on the grade

Date: 11/29/12 13:41

Picture 10: passing Tunnelton, the mail train is a priority train and uses the left hand track to ascend the mountain
Picture 11: passing Algoma mine on the descent
picture 12: arriving in Piedmont MD, Keyser will be the next sop.

Thomas Eckhardt

Date: 11/29/12 13:57
Author: brfriedm

They look awesome. Nice shots. Bruce

Date: 11/29/12 17:19
Author: chessiegp39

I also received mine but in the Chessie scheme. I must say that I was completely blown away with these models. Better in every way when compared to my Overland brass model. I can't praise Spring Mills enough. Fantastic job, guys. Just fantastic!

James

Date: 11/30/12 10:46
Author: Sasquatch

Really enjoyed your layout and caboose photos, Thomas...well done on all accounts!

--Tom

Date: 11/30/12 19:25

Thanks, appreciate your comments!

ThomasE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0661 seconds