Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Model Railroading > Christmas displays

Date: 12/03/12 16:08
Christmas displays
Author: santafedan

This is the third year for the Eiteljorg Museum's Jingle Rails a train display. ( In Indianapolis.) It was built by applied imagination's Paul Busse. It features a western theme and national parks. Several well known lodges from the parks are represented. Every thing is "natural" in the construction. Unlike his other displays no living materials could be used because it is a museum. All the greenery is artificial.
The display goes in cold storage until the next season. As I understand it the wood is sealed and gets fume gated before it enters the building.
There were over 50,000 visitors each of the first two years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/12 20:28 by santafedan.

Date: 12/03/12 16:10
Re: Christmas displays
Author: santafedan

These are some of the 7 trains that run all day.

Date: 12/03/12 16:21
Author: BostonMaine

Amazing work. Thanks for sharing it dan.

Date: 12/03/12 19:32
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Were you not involved in a Christmas display in some Indy Bank Bldg? If so how is that going this year?

Date: 12/03/12 19:59
Author: DrLoco

I was wondering if you were gonna put any pics up.
I took my wife, son, and my parents down here on a monday--met and talked at length to SantafeDan, and it was the only thing my 3 year old talked about for the 2 days afterword! He watched the trains for about 2 hours, in between a lunch break, of course!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0476 seconds