Home Open Account Help 241 users online

Model Railroading > Modeling SP in Hawaii

Date: 12/07/12 19:58
Modeling SP in Hawaii
Author: dmaffei

Spent Thanksgiving week on Oahu on my first Hawaiian vacation. Who could pass up calling Ed and Chuck to see the awesome layout all that UTI stuff is photographed on? A photo of Chuck's super tuned PAs on his bridge that reminded me of the Shasta Route.
Thanks for the hospitality gentlemen.
Also spent time at historic Pearl harbor and Ford island. Today,December 7th, the day that will live in infamy.

Aloha

Date: 12/07/12 20:23
Re: Modeling SP in Hawaii
Author: PHall

Did you go visit the USS Missouri too?

FYI, the Missouri is docked "backwards" so she can stand guard over the Arizona.

Date: 12/07/12 20:28
Author: dmaffei

Yes sir. Highly recommend a visit to the Mo and the Pacific Aviation Museum on Ford Island.

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you go visit the USS Missouri too?

Date: 12/08/12 01:29
Author: 90mac

Never Forget.
90mac

Date: 12/08/12 10:47
Author: rehunn

Yup, too many people today have forgotten what that day meant and sacrifices made to take that war
back to Japan. As for the SP i Hawaii, must have been a branch line I missed.

Date: 12/08/12 15:26
Author: PHall

rehunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yup, too many people today have forgotten what
> that day meant and sacrifices made to take that
> war
> back to Japan. As for the SP i Hawaii, must have
> been a branch line I missed.

Well, it is the Southern Pacific.

Date: 12/09/12 12:35
Author: SPED

I just saw the new HD film of the attack, it was on the Military Channel, really good photography reconstruction.
When I was a kid we lived on a lake and I built ship models, I saw the Missouri Kit when I was 12 and saved my money, I got it when I was 13 and dove into right away, it took me a year to build it, I still have it today and once in a while take it to the boat R/C pond at Sunset Park to run it.
Ed

Date: 12/09/12 15:08
Author: SantaFeRuss

Love the Southern Pacific PA units. Yes, we should never ever forget. My Son is in the United States Navy stationed in Okinawa right now, keeping check on our freedom. Nice photos. Also love that P40 "Flying Tiger".

SantaFeRuss

Date: 12/10/12 18:58
Author: czuleget

I that the P-40 that was resored at Torrance Airport, / Zapmrini field several years ago.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0509 seconds