Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Model Railroading > New Bachmann D&H RS3 w/Tsunami sound aboard - Video

Date: 12/15/12 21:03
New Bachmann D&H RS3 w/Tsunami sound aboard - Video
Author: navarch1

I picked up a newly-released D&H RS3 from Bachmann today. Yes, yes...I know...but just like their "S" switchers....this thing runs as well as anything on the market and the sound is amazing. (Turn down the volume....it is loud..). Soundtraxx really improved the horn volume and the speed control quite a bit for this particuar decoder that comes with the unit. (For a whopping $155.99 at the LHS). The unit needs details but they are easily applied and the LED headlight is a bit like the RS3's were.....weak and yellowish. The unit is very very smooth operationally. I just took it out of the box and ran it. It pulls like crazy. I had 26 NMRA-weighted cars behind it at one point and it pulled them easily. For the $$$...not so bad.Worst thing to live with are the truck sideframes but as noted it runs incredibly well, the paint is extremely well done as is the lettering and the handrails are very nicely executed with a fine cross-section.

Bob

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/16/12 04:18
Re: New Bachmann D&H RS3 w/Tsunami sound aboard - Video
Author: kgmontreal

What do you think of the paint colors? The D&H blue seemed dark in the video but that could just be the lighting.

KG

Date: 12/16/12 11:14
Author: ATSF3751

Sounds like you're using manual notching. Excellent sounds!

Date: 12/17/12 05:19

kgmontreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you think of the paint colors? The D&H
> blue seemed dark in the video but that could just
> be the lighting.
>
> KG

That may be part of it. It is not as dark as the blue on the Kato RS-2's.....darker than the Atlas RS36's....darker than the Atlas C420 but lighter than the early Atlas U33C's. It's like Penn Central green. I have hundreds of PC freight cars now and they are painted in around 30 different shades of green by the manufacturers.

It's a passable blue though.

D&H H.S. folks may have a better opinion.

Bob

Date: 12/17/12 05:21

ATSF3751 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like you're using manual notching.
> Excellent sounds!

Actually no. I used log speed curve 3 I believe, that is pre-programmed into the decoder. Flat start-up voltage curve that picks up later on around notch 3 or 4.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds