Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Model Railroading > What Hiawatha Hobbies Problem?

Date: 02/19/13 06:06
What Hiawatha Hobbies Problem?
Author: Olympian-Hiawatha

I had just placed an order for 2 Union Pacific passenger cars that were out of production for a long time at Walthers when the post appeared that one of our members was having problems with Hiawatha Hobbies. Having just placed an order over the internet the night before the problem got my attention. I waited a couple of days and got back on the Hiawatha Hobbies web site and saw that the items had been shipped and a tracking number was provided. The two cars arrived yesterday. I was happy to get the cars and I'm certain Hiawatha Hobbies was happy to sell two cars that had been sitting on the shelf for a while. Now if I could only get that City Of Los Angeles sign lit on the back of the train.

Date: 02/19/13 07:29
Re: What Hiawatha Hobbies Problem?
Author: oilcan

Well I'm glad your order went through with no issues. My biggest gripe with them has been communication. I had originally ordered 3 Athearn N scale items, didn't receive any kind an update until over a week later when I called them, at which point they were still looking for 2 of the items I had ordered. They were able to ship one item on Friday, and I sent them an email asking if they can do a substitution for the other two items. Hopefully I hear back from them today. So maybe I am just one big exception to the rule. All I ask for is basic communication. If an item is out of stock, or possibly in stock but cannot be located, then inform the customer and let them know what's going on. That's all! Enjoy your purchase.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds