Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Model Railroading > Local Hobby Shop Owner Loses Wife Unexpectedly

Date: 03/11/13 22:09
Local Hobby Shop Owner Loses Wife Unexpectedly
Author: wabash2800

Phil who owns a couple hobby shops In Fort Wayne, Indiana and one in Defiance, Ohio lost his wife unexpectedly over the weekend. His wife Catherine, age 74, suffered from an aneurysm. It was unexpected and I'm sure a shock to the family. I did not read an obituary but heard this through a coworker who is her cousin. Phil is one of a very few that has been able to be successful in the hobby shop business and not only be successful but expand. Please keep his family in your prayers.

Date: 03/11/13 23:54
Re: Local Hobby Shop Owner Loses Wife Unexpectedly
Author: KV1guy

Tragic way to go. Thoughts with him and family during these times.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/12/13 05:07
Author: calsubd

Condolences to Phil and his family, Ed

Date: 03/12/13 10:50
Author: Out_Of_Service

KV1guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tragic way to go. Thoughts with him and family
> during these times.
>
> Posted from iPhone

tragic ??? ... not really ... altho it sounds horrific and tragic in fact it's a very humane way to depart this life on earth to the light ... while i took care of my pop i watched him wither away in a hospital bed at his house over a 2 1/2 year period ... and even tho i spent those 2 1/2 years by his side every waking hour when i wasn't working or sleeping doing everything i could for him it was very very heart breaking ... my pop was the go to guy ... anybody and i mean anybody who needed help he was the guy people called to give them a hand ... now with him being a very independent individual and then being relegated to having others do for him which absolutely depressed him ... the point of all this is i hope i go as quickly as this fellas wife to which he has my sympathies and hope i do not have to suffer with little or no quality of life for an extended period of time ... but that's not for me to decide ... that is left to a higher power to which we all have to succumb to ...

Date: 03/12/13 19:13
Author: SWChief

My prayers for Phil, his family, and his wife.

Did Phil own Atomic Hobbies as one of those Indiana hobby shops? Just curious.

Greg

Date: 03/13/13 17:56
Author: wabash2800

I don't believe Phil had anything to do with Atomic Hobbies. Phil had worked for GE at Fort Wayne some years ago and his first hobby shop I believe was the small one on Lake Avenue. It closed recently when they opened the new one on the west side of town. The new shop and the other relatively new shop on Clinton are great, but I liked the atmosphere of the old one: small, dimly lit, cluttered and with plaster coming off the ceiling. (You never knew what goody might be collecting dust on the shelf.) It kind of reminded me of one I visited as a kid in Fitchburg, Massachusetts.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0619 seconds