Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Model Railroading > A couple of modeling projects from Montana

Date: 05/15/13 18:57
A couple of modeling projects from Montana
Author: fbe

I have been driving around the Dempsey Ck area south of Deer Lodge exploring for a few things. I picked up a few nuggets which might provide inspiration.

The first is something to do with a plastic hopper model which has hit the floor one too many times. Cut away both of the end hoppers, stand the remaining hopper on a couple of pieces of angle iron and you have a storage bin to help feed the ranch livestock. No need to repaint the body nor the legs.

Finally I offer the Quinlan School for your rural layout. John Quinlan was my Great great grandfather who came to the Deer Lodge valley from Ireland with his wife, two brothers and a sister named Anastasia. They sold beef to the Butte miners and raised lots of children. The original school house colors were white with Kelley green trim. It looks like the anteroom was an add on. If I can find the current owner I will try to get some dimensions for the project.

Date: 05/16/13 18:24
Re: A couple of modeling projects from Montana
Author: wabash2800

I like the dilapidated farm (ranch?) house. It looks like something that could be the subject of a painting or sketch.

Date: 05/16/13 21:34
Re: A couple of modeling projects from Montana
Author: fbe

wabash2800 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the dilapidated farm (ranch?) house. It
> looks like something that could be the subject of
> a painting or sketch.

It used to be a one room school house. Interestingly the north wall still has a pretty good covering of white paint.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0669 seconds