Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Model Railroading > NMRA Atlanta Show - NEW Bachmann GG-1 in HO

Date: 07/20/13 09:48
NMRA Atlanta Show - NEW Bachmann GG-1 in HO
Author: Tony_Cook

Bachmann announces an all-new tooling HO-scale GG-1 Electric for HO-scale. Read More: http://www.modelrailroadnews.com/news.html

Thanks,

Tony Cook
Model Railroad News
https://www.facebook.com/ModelRailroadNews

Date: 07/20/13 10:03
Re: NMRA Atlanta Show - NEW Bachmann GG-1 in HO
Author: rswebber

I guess there can never be too many GG1s, Big Boys, Challengers, Daylights or F units.

Date: 07/20/13 13:11
Author: EH49

I wish they would have put that money and effort into a E44. I need no more G's and others are probably the same.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/24/13 07:29
Author: green_elite_cab

Yeah, I agree. While it is true that you can't really go wrong with more GG1s (if you model the NEC, you automatically need several), I also would have liked to see an E44 one of these days.

There are so many companies making GG1s, I guess they're trying to steal business from MTH.

My main concern is how these will look next to the BLI and MTH GG1s. Given that its a cheaper model, I wonder if it could be more easily modified into a "High Intake" type GG1, and other variation put into these locomotives. the BLI and MTH ones are diecast, making this difficult, not to mention much more expensive.

Date: 07/24/13 16:12
Author: Kemacprr

Since the AHM/IHC and BLI versions have pretty much vanished from the model rr world and all that is currently available is the MTH version I believe there is a market for a less expensive GG-1. An E-44 or a P5 would be a nice addition to a PRR electrics roster also. I could never figure out why Bachman did not do a E-44 since they already had the drive from the E-33 which is the same wheelbase and trucks. ------------ Ken McCorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/13 22:30 by Kemacprr.

Date: 07/24/13 19:08
Author: green_elite_cab

Kemacprr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since the AHM/IHC and BLI versions have pretty
> much vanished from the model rr world and all that
> is currently avialable is the MTH version I
> believe there is a market for a less expensive
> GG-1. An E-44 or a P5 would be a nice addition to
> a PRR electrics roster also. I could never figure
> out why Bachman did not do a E-44 since they
> already had the drive from the E-33 which is the
> same wheelbase and trucks. ------------ Ken
> McCorry

Bachmann seems to have a preference for the colorful.

The E33 no only has 5 different paint schemes, it ran on three different systems (VGN/N&W,NH,ex-PRR).

The E44s on the other hand, only ever ran on the PRR lines, and (not counting Amtrak), was only ever Brunswick Green, Blue, or Black (I won't count Amtrak since they sat in storage with Amtrak). Personally, I suspect they underestimate the rabid nature of the PRR fan base. I'm willing to bet people would buy a set of E44s and promptly park them on the shelf.

I suppose Bachmann thinks they'll attract more people with "attractive" models.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds