Model Railroading > Richmond VA area hobby shops

Date: 04/06/14 13:50
Richmond VA area hobby shops
Author: rwullich

Any suggestions on places to go?

Date: 04/06/14 14:41
Re: Richmond VA area hobby shops
Author: VAmidlandrr

Not really anything left in Richmond when it comes to hobby shops with a model railroading theme. They have slowly vanished over the last several years.

Shannon Crabtree
Fredericksburg, VA
Virginia Midland Railroad Blog

Date: 04/07/14 06:33
Author: NSTopHat

Isnt the shop in Ashland still open?

Posted from Android

Date: 04/07/14 08:16
Author: hoydie17

NSTopHat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isnt the shop in Ashland still open?
>
> Posted from Android

I think it's been closed for a few years now. Remember going there one day for some ad hoc railfanning, and thinking I'd check the shop out only to find out it was no more.

Date: 04/07/14 10:37
Author: boejoe

Publicity blurb in the Charleston Post and Courier on Monday, March 31 (business section) indicated a new hobby shop was about to open in Summerville SC. Mention made that the owner used to have a shop in Ashland VA!

Date: 04/07/14 12:35
Author: RichM

Ashland shop is closed, but only relatively recently... maybe in the past year. Not that this does you any good.

All that's left in the immediate Richmond area are the two Hobbytown stores, and the southside store is supposedly going to increase their train inventory. Not much at the Broad Street location.

If you drive 20 minutes south, Walt's in Petersburg has an interesting inventory for a small store, and he's pretty knowledgeable about the local scene. He's about 5 minutes off 95.

Date: 04/08/14 04:32
Author: rwullich

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it!
Roy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0307 seconds