Home Open Account Help 278 users online

Model Railroading > Layout Update!

Date: 04/14/14 09:52
Layout Update!
Author: flippin77

Here's my first update post for my layout. All photos are of the yard in Emporia, KS which is still a work in progress. Made some progress with a good rainy Sunday yesterday though. Our new house has a 2400 sq ft
basement which my bride has lovingly given me full use of:) At the age of 37 I'll be retired by the time it gets finished but I've made alot of progress in the short 4 months we've lived here. Its a marathon, not a sprint!

Photo 1 is looking west into the yard with the yard lead on the right.
Photo 2 is looking east towards the main that heads around the wall on a slow grade into Olathe, KS.
Photo 3 more Emporia yard

Date: 04/14/14 09:53
Re: Layout Update!

More...Please ignore the debris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/14 09:54 by flippin77.

Date: 04/14/14 10:10
Author: NDHolmes

Heck, you've made far more progress in four months than I have in ten, and I only have about 800 sq ft devoted to layout space. I'm still building benchwork and subroadbed, and hoping (probably unrealistically, given my schedule for the next couple months) that I'll be ready to start laying track by the time I hit the first anniversary. And as far as clutter, your space looks downright clean compared to the layer of sawdust and piles of scrap lumber (too big to throw away, but haven't found a use for yet) that I'm hoarding until I get through the benchwork phase.

What'd you decide to do on the key switches?

Date: 04/14/14 13:34
Author: calsubd

I love how we all seem to get that 1 track out to the edge !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 04/14/14 13:58
Author: Jimmies

calsubd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love how we all seem to get that 1 track out to
> the edge !

Yes, I've often noticed that too. I know I've done the same. And the ones that don't do it seem to stand out.

Nice work there 77.

Jim

Date: 04/14/14 17:18
Author: algoma11

Great start-can't wait to see more as you progress!

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 04/14/14 21:53
Author: markloos

EXCELLENT!!! .......what's a basement? ;-)
Mark <>< ..in rock hard dirt, Las Vegas.

Date: 04/15/14 05:01

My key switch idea is based on that MR article like I said, which i still haven't found. Mostly for the realism of adding time/permissions to enter a siding/spur. I don't want them on everything, just a few areas off the main that might have a gated fence or something along those lines.

Thanks for all the kind comments. Its bass tournament season so unless we get more snow like last night, progress will slow down til the fall!

Andy/Metamora, IL

Date: 04/15/14 22:10
Author: Clarence

Just a WAG but Lance Mindheim might be the author of the key lock article you're looking for.
Clarence

Date: 04/17/14 22:46
Author: zgardner18

Andy,

You and I being the same age but at least you have a good leg up on me. You have a house that you can have a layout in and you have started on it. If I'm lucky I'm at least two years out before I can start some kind of layout.

Zak / Glendora, CA.

Date: 04/18/14 16:24
Author: calsubd

Don't worry Zak, time will come before you know it,

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds