Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Model Railroading > Testors - Floquil

Date: 04/22/14 01:33
Testors - Floquil
Author: rschonfelder

I was speaking with one of the LHS here in Melbourne and he said he learned from the Australian Distributor that Testors is going to revive the original Floquil colours in their Testors range.

Has anyone heard that or is this one of those persistent non-validated rumours.

Personally, I always preferred Floquil Grimy Black for weathering plus painting my underframes. I am going to give Polly Scale Grimy Black a try.

Rick

Date: 04/22/14 05:58
Re: Testors - Floquil
Author: binder001

Yes and no... Yes, about 10-12 colors are to be carried over into the Model Master Acryl line of acryllic paints, no there will not be a re-issue of the solvent based Floquil. Grimy black is supposed to be among them (local dealer hasn't upgraded their Terstors stock yet).

Some of the Floquil/PolyS colors have also been released in acrylic by Micro Mark, the mail order tool company. Might be worth checking out.

Date: 04/22/14 09:14
Author: TCnR

Another vote for Floquil Grimy Black. A redeux needs to have that some gritty, chalky look though, not just a flat decal like color.

Date: 04/22/14 15:23
Author: steeplecab

As I recall, Testors was going to add a handful of the popular Floquil colors to the Model master line. No idea if this is the solvent series or acrylic series or both.

Date: 04/23/14 08:37
Author: binder001

Flat Grimy Black, Walthers Part # 704-4887, Testors Acryl Railroad Colors, $3.69, currently in stock at Walthers

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0274 seconds