Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Model Railroading > Lionel Diversion

Date: 07/21/14 15:15
Lionel Diversion
Author: Santafes95

Got a little "Sidetracked" this morning at an estate sale. Purchased this set with a trainmaster transformer and an automatic station for $99.00. I figured I did pretty good. The 685 engine is missing one marker light but I see on ebay that I can replace the whole boiler cover in front pretty cheap. I love these metal steam engines with magnetraction and smoke!

Date: 07/21/14 15:43
Re: Lionel Diversion
Author: superchief73

I too get a bit sidetracked when I find trains at sales. Nice find!

Javier Cervantes
Castle Rock , CO

Date: 07/21/14 16:19
Author: TomCarter

How ironic; my "mantle" (Ok, I made one since I don't have a fireplace in this house) looks very similar.

I recently got out of HO after well over 30 years, and switched to On30 scale, but bought some O Scale 3 rail for around the Christmas tree and Christmas village. I lucked into some folks that bought a bunch of my HO stuff and had some vintage Lionel and other 3 rail goodies to trade, so I basically traded an Atlas S2 for this 1949 Lionel 2026 Prairie that runs like a watch. The 1947 5459 Side Dump car has some flaked paint, but was purchased at a flea market for $7 and the 1951 Sunoco tank at the same flea market for $5 (My step daughter has eagle eyes when it comes to finding trains while getting some exercise at the Flea Market). The Reefer I got for $10 at a local street fair, and the cab was mint in the box on Ebay for $12. I've always wanted a 1946 726 Berkshire, but, for right now, this little Prairie does just fine for about 3 weeks cruising around the tree each year and I have other MTH, K-Line, Weaver and Lionel stuff around the big loop and the village, but the fact that 65 year old+ trains STILL work so well to this day tickles me pink.

Thanks for sharing your finds.

Date: 07/21/14 17:53
Author: sd39u

Rost...you have fallen off the 3rd Rail...

Eric

Date: 07/21/14 19:01

Love the display, I have a 2026 and it is a runner. Just a little top heavy!

Date: 07/21/14 19:03

More rails, more power!!

Date: 07/22/14 00:08
Author: Chooch

You did exceedingly well at $99.00. That particular set in the condition as I can see it with the original boxes is worth several hundred dollars. Very good and it makes for a wonderful set of trains to run under a Christmas tree. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Jim

Date: 07/22/14 08:34
Author: jo-tower

Get some Lionel Fastrack for a display track. It makes a nice display track.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds