Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Model Railroading > Virginian rectifier locomotives

Date: 07/27/14 12:04
Virginian rectifier locomotives
Author: fbe

I have a couple of the Bachmann Spectrum models and I need to put numbers on the cabs or sides. Will the Micro Scale 87-120 steam set provide what I need? Thanks.

I just dropped a couple of DH-123P decoders into these, absolutely the quickest install ever, 10 mins on the first, 5 minutes on the second. Shove and lift the raised compartment on the roof, remove the dummy plug, install the decoder with the long leads to the NMRA 8 pin, wrap the leads over themselves then hook the free end of the decoder under the "cup" near the end of the light board, reinstall the roof. No tools whatsoever.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 07/27/14 14:21
Re: Virginian rectifier locomotives
Author: EH49

The VGN units did not have cab side numbers until N&W renumbered them after the merger.

Date: 07/27/14 17:02

So we just have number boards for identification?

Date: 07/27/14 17:52
Author: EH49

Correct.

Date: 07/27/14 23:19

Thanks for the help. I just spent some quality time with my copy of When the Steam Railroads Electrified to look at the Virginian units. Now that I have two Virginians with decoders I will have to renumber them and run them around a bit.

It looks like I can use MILW numberboards from the SD40-2s for the E33Cs.

There is nothing in the model instructions about that switch on the top of the light board. My best guess is that me enable pantograph power pick up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/14 23:39 by fbe.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds