Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Model Railroading > Terrain for trains. N Scale help.

Date: 08/17/14 12:01
Terrain for trains. N Scale help.
Author: Ironman

I need N scale help. A friend purchased a Terrain for Trains module. It looks well done but I am supposed to lay track. I'm good with ON30, HO and others, but lack knowledge of Atlas N.

Here is my question:

The layout is designed for Atlas N snap track. If I use Atlas 55 are the switches the same dimensions? For that matter is 55 snap track the same radius etc?

I want to make her layout look nice.

Thanks in advance.
Alan

Date: 08/17/14 18:12
Re: Terrain for trains. N Scale help.
Author: czuleget

You should have no problem with the Atlas track code 55 flex track installing it. If you want to put cork down that's fine and you can then glue the rail down using (Alex plus clear caulking) and use weights to weigh down the rail while it dries. If you don't like the location of the rail, you can take it up using a putty knife, running underneath the and between the ties & cork, it will come right up. The switches should be the same size whether it's snap track of the flex track type.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/17/14 21:04
Re: Terrain for trains. N Scale help.
Author: tinytrains

+1 on what Tony said above. That is how I lay all my track No nails, liquid or metal.

Scott Schifer
Torrance, CA
TinyTrains Website

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds