Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Model Railroading > EMD 1204 rolled in today

Date: 11/11/14 05:01
EMD 1204 rolled in today
Author: flippin77

Overall, (w/o my rivet counter) it looks great to me. Athearn did a great job on the paint. I sure with they get away from the bulbs and go to high intensity LED's but that's my only gripe.

Date: 11/11/14 08:57
Re: EMD 1204 rolled in today
Author: FiveChime

What hnappened to yellow painted 1201. Seems to of rolled in, then back out!

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 11/11/14 09:43
Author: gandydancer4

According to my sources and my dealer, EMD #1201 has NOT been released by Athearn. Probably AFTER the 1st of the year

Date: 11/11/14 13:18
Author: MrMRL

FiveChime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What hnappened to yellow painted 1201. Seems to of
> rolled in, then back out!
>
> Regards, Jim Evans

As has been mentioned in numerous earlier threads on Trainorders and other online model railroad discussion boards... The Yellow #1201 EMD/CAT SD70ACe units arrived from China with "Quality Issues". Anticipate a multi-month delay in their eventual re-production and arrival state-side.

Mr. MRL

Date: 11/12/14 05:42
Author: antlorch

Wow this one looks great. I have heard complaints about others getting engines that where damaged but your got lucky.

You Know it really wouldn't take much for Athearn to put their foot down and do some real QC before these things even get out of the factory. They do great scale models and if they got a hold of the QC issues, maybe going to LEDs when they run out of light bulbs and I would love to see metal handrails, they would be the top in all categories.

Anyway I will see when my CAT gets here. I am glad they caught them before they shipped them out as this saves tons of time and complaints and bad mouthing. As long as they get them right is what I care about.

Thanks for sharing, it looks great.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0512 seconds