Home Open Account Help 211 users online

Model Railroading > Waiting for the Roadmaster to clear the line...

Date: 12/02/14 21:27
Waiting for the Roadmaster to clear the line...
Author: KeyRouteKen

It is 1949 in Oakland's "Redwood Regional Park" at the new track of the Golden Gate Live Steamers.
Built with manpower and materials from the West Oakland shops of the Southern Pacific.

In this particular view, a very young "KRK" keeps a tight grip on his handful of sash cord, while waiting for the train to proceed. Never could remember why I thought a handful of sash cord was so important...

If I was a very well-behaved little boy that day, my Grandfather would stop at the "hot dog" truck, usually parked at Skyline Blvd & Redwood Road and get me a treat, on our way home ...

KRK Archives

Date: 12/03/14 03:04
Re: Waiting for the Roadmaster to clear the line...
Author: BKLYN

Fond memories....

Date: 12/03/14 04:45
Author: leroy82646

How wonderful....! What could be better than a boy, his grandad, and a live steamer...!!

leroy

Date: 12/03/14 07:11
Author: BAB

A thought here as always wondering about what happened to the engine? Does someone in the family still have it?

Date: 12/03/14 07:44
Author: LiveWire

leroy82646 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What could be better than a
> boy, his grandad, and a live steamer...!!
>

Girls. Definitely girls.

Date: 12/03/14 23:04
Author: agentatascadero

Ken, Was that sweater hand knitted by your Grandma? It looks so much like those from my own Grandma. I guess there were only so many patterns on the market. AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0294 seconds